Time for a new Xenforo theme?

The default theme is by far the most beautiful theme made for xenforo until today. colors, readiblity, layout, all is well made until the latest detail.
the next default theme can be better with some extra features:
- Flat design: simplified palette, no image gradient. limited border
- Ability to change all font size elements in one place.
- Improve layout with vertical rhythm.

i hope a new theme is a bit friendlier to dark theme recolours. xf1 was actively hostile with the gradients, hard-coded 'white' in templates and javascript, css selectors called things like 'light' and 'lighter' etc.
in fact, it would be great if xf shipped with both a light and dark theme just to ensure that doesnt happen again.

I crave for an official Dark theme.

I wouldn't mind a dark style, but light styles are more common on official sites while dark styles are generally more popular on gaming sites.

Oh no. Please not like Audentio. The most of him are not very nice.

Would be better to provide some reasons rather than just make a blatant statement that they're "not very nice."

I think @Mike Creuzer's styles are awesome, despite not using them (we simply just don't have a need for them, but I still like them).

The most of him are not very nice
It's like to say "please don't like Mercedes (or BMW or what you want) automobiles since many of them are not very nice". Probably you don't like them for a reason but surely it's just "your" reason not a universal one...

I love all the great third party styles but there's still something great about customizing and styling the default style and make it look really good and unique, you don't have to worry about all the headaches of upgrades, updates or what not either. However, I use Russ's and Arty's styles, they are really amazing.

I wouldn't like the theme change too much.
The default theme is already very nice. so, why why make drastic changes?
Adding extra features, instead make changes in the look would be great.

He's referring to XenForo itself, not owners' personal forums.

This thread is about whether the XenForo software should have a new default style in XenForo 2.0.

Something FLAT style seems to be cool nowadays, and better seamless integration of social media is a must so it doesn't look like an add on.

Top Bottom