Time for a new Xenforo theme?

Does anyone even know whether any changes at all will occur to the xenforo style? My understanding was that 2.0 was mostly about under-the-hood changes that would affect (help?) add-on developers.
While no one has explicitly said that there will be a new design within 2.0 (correct me if I'm wrong anyone), but Mike has mentioned that 2.0 will feature the use of LESS when writing CSS. This means they will go 1 of 2 routes:
  1. Re-write the current CSS to support LESS and re-use it.
  2. Take the opportunity to write a new style that utilizes LESS better.
I'm still shocked they're not using SASS as opposed to LESS, but that's a call from @Mike and co. I do believe there are SASS PHP libraries around currently.

Does anyone even know whether any changes at all will occur to the xenforo style?
I'm sure whoever does know will not be permitted to post about it here - so what we have here is nothing but speculation, hope and fear.

My ideal would be for a style that is more versatile and that makes more radical customisation easy and painless, while not breaking the previous style.

As for features, I'll be happy with a more intuitive user experience.

Yes, I'm sure that "someone" does know.. but I'm also pretty sure that the information has not been given out since it is subject to change between now and then.

I have managed to get a look at the the new style. It is actually "flatter than flat" so should make lots of people happy.

Here is a sneak preview, I think you will be impressed by its elegance and simplicity:

(Not CSS, not LESS, not SASS, but NOSS)

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 20.06.43.webp

This trend is due to more and more individuals using their phones and other mobile devices to access the Internet and websites. A lot of our traffic (50%) is from mobile devices. Hence, many sites are going to a flat theme to accommodate (Google and Apple doing the same crap)
FIFY

Modern "flat" websites are no less bandwidth-heavy than older ones, they've just shifted the burden from graphics and gradients to CSS and Javascript. I've made beautiful websites in under 150kb.

Top Bottom