Looking for someone to setup and maintain a new Xenforo forum

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
I wasn't sure where to post this so moderators please move if this is the wrong place.

I have a request from someone to set up a new forum for a doctor wi8th a focus on a specific medical condition, and then to maintain the forum with upgrades, addons, etc. This is actually a project I'd like to take on myself but unfo0rtunately I can't at the moment.

Please start a conversation if this is something you have experience with.

XF Cloud?
That only covers the installation, doesn't it? He needs someone to set up everything, including a custom style and some addons, and to maintain the forum going forward. Proably needs help getting a domain name as well and obtaining hosting.

No it's fully managed with add-on support. If the style is in the Resources section it will more than likely be considered add-on. But staff can answer better. Sounds to me like a Cloud situation with a little design customization (logo) needed, which would be needed anyway.

That only covers the installation, doesn't it? He needs someone to set up everything, including a custom style and some addons, and to maintain the forum going forward. Proably needs help getting a domain name as well and obtaining hosting.

Sounds an easy job. Apart where the installation will going to be installed. What addons, or styles ?

Xenforo cloud is a good solution for those who aren't comfortable with installation and upgrades, but throwing out a blanket answer that this will solve the OP's needs overlooks what is meant by maintenance and support. I'd hate to think they make a decision without fully knowing what they are getting.

If it means:
  • theme custom work
  • settings
  • permissions
  • setting up categories & forums
  • moderation issues
  • spam management
  • user management
  • front page layout work and changes
  • news feed management
  • other community management tasks
  • updating and maintaining third party addons

....then Xenforo Cloud does not take care of these needs.

Xenforo cloud takes care of the installation and hosting of Xenforo, Xenforo software updates, and eliminates the need to purchase licenses.

Top Bottom