MG 2.2 Tiled View & Pictures vs. List

PaulProe

I've added a parent/child setup for my gallery: Calendars is Parent, 2015,2016, 2017, etc are the children.

When I click on a child, it displays a grid of the pictures within the album. When I click on the Parent, is there a way to have it display images from the child and possibly have it format in tiled layout rather than in a list layout?

Searched thru the options in Media and I'm certain it's there, I just can't find it or am not familiar with the terms it uses to find it via search

Thanks

yes, Parent is 'Container only', all the children are media files

Maybe the issue for me is the way the page displays and the navigation. This is a link to the site media page: https://gatewaycobraclub.com/xen/index.php?media/

If I click on one of the parent categories, then it looks like the sample media page you have on the Xenforo forum. But if I just go to the Media Page, it just displays a bunch of pictures. I was trying to get to look like demos where the links show up as tiles and images in them. Need someway to 'pretty up' the Media Page.

Is this done with settings in Media or is it maybe an addon?

Thanks, Brogan. Please bear with me, I'll learn this software yet.

Paul

But if I just go to the Media Page, it just displays a bunch of pictures. I was trying to get to look like demos where the links show up as tiles and images in them.
I don't really understand what it is you are trying to do.

Can you do a mock-up or explain it another way?

It shows as tiles for me.

1638659198201.webp

Brogan
Thanks for your input and help. This site (https://trackmustangsonline.com/member-cars/) was the very first one we found as we began our search on a way to move from vBulletin to Xenforo. I think this is a media page and not an addon. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As I studied it more this evening, trying to explain this, maybe it is the info that appears under the photo and the size of the thumbnail that makes it appear more appealing. The text shows the category, Item name and some of the details of the post. Is this a setting change in Media? Is there a way in media to increase the thumbnail size?

I am not 100% sure what we are looking for, other than to improve the visual appeal of the first page a visitor would see when they click on the Media Link

This is a side by side of the two pages to kind of give you an idea - note the differences in the body (disregard the header area)
MediaPage.png

Last edited:
This is a side by side of the two pages to kind of give you an idea - note the differences in the body (disregard the header area)
Unfortunately you're dealing with two different add-ons in your examples. I'm pretty sure that image on the left is from the "Showcase" addon by @Bob while the image on the right is the XF Media Gallery (XFMG). XFMG does not offer any stock options for viewing the grid in different display styles like what you're trying to get to (of displaying the info below the thumbnail instead of as an overlay).

I am not 100% sure what we are looking for, other than to improve the visual appeal of the first page a visitor would see when they click on the Media Link
If you detail exactly what it is that you're looking for then it might be doable through some manual template edits.

Top Bottom