Tickets

Tickets [Paid] 1.6.10

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Due to there being ticket fields can I make forms that people have to fill out those fields and nothing else? Example; affiliation, account support, etc.

Due to there being ticket fields can I make forms that people have to fill out those fields and nothing else? Example; affiliation, account support, etc.
Currently the main message / text field will need some content too but there has been a suggestion to make that optional on a per-category basis provided there are fields to fill instead.

Any plan to add these to add-on in near future?
  • Email notifications of staff replies or ticket status changing.
  • Users who create many tickets will be able to manage their own tickets in an organized environment.
  • The ability to allow guests submit tickets (An email will send to guest that included link to ticket and password to open ticket).
  • Ability to assign tickets to specific staff department.
    • Ability to Manage staff departments and staffs.
    • Support staffs have access to the department panel which display all tickets, active tickets, awaiting reply ticket.
    • Alert & email notifications of new tickets and replies.
    • Ability to re-assign tickets to another department.
    • Ability to use predefined replies.
    • Ability to edit/close/delete users' tickets.
    • Ability to change ticket status.
    • Ability to open a ticket for specific user.
    • Support Redactor editor when submits a reply ticket.
Regards

Any plan to add these to add-on in near future?
Most of them are either implemented or planned. The one's with a strikethrough are already part of the system.
  • Email notifications of staff replies or ticket status changing. Planned, implemented soon.
  • Users who create many tickets will be able to manage their own tickets in an organized environment.
  • The ability to allow guests submit tickets (An email will send to guest that included link to ticket and password to open ticket). Planned.
  • Ability to assign tickets to specific staff department. Tickets are assigned to categories, staff can be given permission to see different categories.
    • Ability to Manage staff departments and staffs. Kind of implemented, need to be more specific.
    • Support staffs have access to the department panel which display all tickets, active tickets, awaiting reply ticket.
    • Alert & email notifications of new tickets and replies. Planned, implemented soon.
    • Ability to re-assign tickets to another department.
    • Ability to use predefined replies. Planned, implemented soon.
    • Ability to edit/close/delete users' tickets.
    • Ability to change ticket status.
    • Ability to open a ticket for specific user. Planned, implemented soon.
    • Support Redactor editor when submits a reply ticket.

@NixFifty
Purchased. (Waiting for planned features)
Also some other suggestions:
  • Ability to define ticket status (we want to have some special status for each category.)
  • Notification to user when the ticket is answered
and problems:
  • Although I have permission to attach file to my tickets, and also to view attachments, but when I attach a file, Its not appearing in ticket's page. (But after refreshing page, the attachment of replies to tickets will appear. But again the attachment of first post of ticket <I mean the attachments that user first uploaded while opening the ticket> is not appearing.)
  • Where I can define pre-defined responses?
  • When I add ticket fields, they are not appearing when user is opening new ticket. (I also set its category. But its not showing to user. Tested Even on default style)

Last edited:
I have a problem where my ticket fields, which are all set to required as well as the "select all" checkbox checked for available categories, do not appear during new ticket creation. All I get is the dropdown for a category, then on continue it goes straight to priority level, title and message body. My ticket fields are not being displayed.

EDIT: Also, on the resolution side, I can only reply to tickets. Can't close them or anything else that I should be able to do. Those buttons/options simply aren't there to use.

Last edited:
I have a problem where my ticket fields, which are all set to required as well as the "select all" checkbox checked for available categories, do not appear during new ticket creation. All I get is the dropdown for a category, then on continue it goes straight to priority level, title and message body. My ticket fields are not being displayed.
The same problem here.
And long time waiting for fixes.

EDIT: Also, on the resolution side, I can only reply to tickets. Can't close them or anything else that I should be able to do. Those buttons/options simply aren't there to use.

The same problem here.
And long time waiting for fixes.
I have been working on an update that addresses these issues alongside adding a bunch of new features. Won't be long now before it's released.

Currently the main message / text field will need some content too but there has been a suggestion to make that optional on a per-category basis provided there are fields to fill instead.
I just noticed this message. Is this planned for the next version? I haven't noticed much development with this add-on lately.

Also is the ability for a ticket to spawn a thread coming?

I just noticed this message. Is this planned for the next version? I haven't noticed much development with this add-on lately.

Also is the ability for a ticket to spawn a thread coming?
Yeah, it's planned. I've been tied up working with testers to improve my TeamSpeak add-on and that has resulted in me not being able to push out updates to this one as fast. I've wrapped that up now so Tickets is the primary focus again and I've spent the last couple days working on the next version. Sorry about the inconvenience. :)

Also, yes the ability to create a thread upon ticket creation is something that has already been implemented in the next version.

This sounds great as I'm looking to get rid of our support forum, our use of simple forms, and a few add-ons that are mostly user account and support related, hopefully get rid of them and streamline all of these things using your add-on to simplify the user's experience, so I'll definitely be a customer once the new version comes out.

As you may know, some ticket systems are in a way that if a guest opens a ticket, then after a while he/she registers in that site, then the site will associate that ticket to his/her account (although the ticket was created by a guest, but the system can understand that this new user account is that person who times ago had created a ticket as a guest. so it associates that ticket with that account)

Will this functionality be added to next update?

Thanks

If the same email is used then this function could work. However, if a different email address is used for the account then I don't think its possible.

As you may know, some ticket systems are in a way that if a guest opens a ticket, then after a while he/she registers in that site, then the site will associate that ticket to his/her account (although the ticket was created by a guest, but the system can understand that this new user account is that person who times ago had created a ticket as a guest. so it associates that ticket with that account)

Will this functionality be added to next update?

Thanks

If the same email is used then this function could work. However, if a different email address is used for the account then I don't think its possible.
I have made some significant code changes to support guest ticket support in the future, it's not fully finished but it's planned.

Top Bottom