[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

I didn't see it before. I see it now. So it basically replaces the avatar. Cool!

It clashes with Anonymous Posting:

The following error occurred:

Argument 2 passed to AnonymousPosting_ControllerPublic_Forum::processAnonymousPosting() must be an instance of XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post, null given, called in /home/thethleg/public_html/library/AnonymousPosting/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 7 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in AnonymousPosting/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 12
  2. AnonymousPosting_ControllerPublic_Forum->processAnonymousPosting() in AnonymousPosting/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 7
  3. AnonymousPosting_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 286
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1422
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1361
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/ThreadThumbs/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 68
  7. Waindigo_ThreadThumbs_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 13

Uh also, this add-on replaces ALL avatars in the thread listing. Disabled for now. Please consider adding the option to use threadstarter's avatar by default if no image is used for a thread thumbnail.

Uh also, this add-on replaces ALL avatars in the thread listing. Disabled for now. Please consider adding the option to use threadstarter's avatar by default if no image is used for a thread thumbnail.

I never requested that feature when I had this mod commissioned, as it was not something I wanted/needed. You'll have hire Waindigo for extra features you cant add yourself, that's part of the deal of it being a free release here.

I never requested that feature when I had this mod commissioned, as it was not something I wanted/needed. You'll have hire Waindigo for extra features you cant add yourself, that's part of the deal of it being a free release here.
Nah I'm good thanks tho.
Does that mean no one's avatars show on this thread if they post?
Everyone's avatars won't show at all if you use this add-on. It only shows the picture in the thread

Yes, if there is no images, avatar should be displayed by default.
Another feature can be added is Retrieving images in post automatically then allow user choose what image will be used for this thread thumbnail (like Facebook).

It clashes with Anonymous Posting...

This issue has now been resolved.

Yes, if there is no images, avatar should be displayed by default.
Another feature can be added is Retrieving images in post automatically then allow user choose what image will be used for this thread thumbnail (like Facebook).

Thanks for your suggestions. As D.O.A. has correctly pointed out, I am a commercial developer and this was a commercially produced add-on. Additional features will only be added on the same basis.

T
Thanks for your suggestions. As D.O.A. has correctly pointed out, I am a commercial developer and this was a commercially produced add-on. Additional features will only be added on the same basis.

It's a reasonable answer.
But why don't you publish a commercial version of this addon and give us a link to order it?

This issue has now been resolved.

How much for version where member avatars are default when an image isn't used?

It's a reasonable answer.
But why don't you publish a commercial version of this addon and give us a link to order it?

I completely see where you are coming from, but wherever possible I like to release the add-on's for anybody to use as not everyone has the ability to pay. The add-on is for non-commercial use only and commercial users would have to pay an annual fee to use this add-on or, alternatively, pay to add new features to the add-on.

If you have used any of my add-on's and would have been willing to pay for it, then please contact me as you may be surprised how easy/cheap it is for me to add the features you are looking for.

Top Bottom