[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

Having issues updating to the new branded version.
I updated the 'Install and Upgrade' to the new one from HexThemes (version 1.4.13)
But on upgrading the Thumbnails addon I get the following error

'This add-on cannot be installed as you have Thumbnails by Waindigo installed. Please either uninstall it first, or use Install and Upgrade by HexThemes to upgrade to the new HexThemes version.'

Having issues updating to the new branded version.
I updated the 'Install and Upgrade' to the new one from HexThemes (version 1.4.13)
But on upgrading the Thumbnails addon I get the following error

'This add-on cannot be installed as you have Thumbnails by Waindigo installed. Please either uninstall it first, or use Install and Upgrade by HexThemes to upgrade to the new HexThemes version.'

If you want to shoot me a PM with admin & FTP details I'll get it updated for you

@ThemeHouse - I'm I right in thinking that Waindigo's Thumbnails is now gone & replaced with your [TH] Thumbnails add-on? I requested & paid for the original Waindigo Thread Gallery that depended on it & for changes to Thumbnails . Is Thread Gallery compatable with your new Thumbnail add-on & will that be developed for 1.5?

Thanks

@ThemeHouse - I'm I right in thinking that Waindigo's Thumbnails is now gone & replaced with your [TH] Thumbnails add-on? I requested & paid for the original Waindigo Thread Gallery that depended on it & for changes to Thumbnails . Is Thread Gallery compatable with your new Thumbnail add-on & will that be developed for 1.5?

Thanks
Hi there, I believe it is but am not entirely sure. It should also support 1.5 it just hasnt had the resource updated yet.

Waindigo submitted a new resource: Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo

Allows a user, when creating or editing threads, to specify a Thumbnail image to be used.

Read more

So you delete the original add-on we put over 200 pounds to get you started on coding it specifically for our request (that's just my end, not the other guy$$$$ involved) and create this one and then have it deleted too? You really are a piece of work Jon. I should have guessed making the payments to a "charity" (You recall panicking when I paid to your legit email account?) via paypal was a scam in itself, you're the worst business I've ever put money into.

Last edited:
So you delete the original add-on we put over 200 pounds to get you started on coding it specifically for our request (that's just my end, not the other guy$$$$ involved) and create this one and then have it deleted too? You really are a piece of work Jon. I should have guessed making the payments to a "charity" (You recall panicking when I paid to your legit email account?) via paypal was a scam in itself, you're the worst business I've ever put money into.

Jon doesn't own these add-ons anymore, so I don't think it's fair to call him a piece of work, or call anything he did a scam. We acquired these add-ons many months ago, and made some of them premium add-ons. If you contributed to the development of this add-on please do contact us via PM here and we can get you setup with a license for the add-on

Hi Jake B
some of those Addons were devoloped with the agreement to provide them for free to the community. I don't think any new owner is allowed to sell them . or even delete them without disrespecting this agreement.

Last edited:
@sami simo
It seems like a fairly simple request, possibly about 6-7 hours work (going by the brief description on the VB website). I charge £30 an hour, provided that the add-on is allowed to be released to the community afterwards.

Keep in mind every extra feature was something else someone had to pay for. I'm not too worried I still have the original code I've paid for, it still works, I could have it reworked and released again, if anyone think's there's a problem there speak to my lawyer.

Jon doesn't own these add-ons anymore, so I don't think it's fair to call him a piece of work, or call anything he did a scam. We acquired these add-ons many months ago, and made some of them premium add-ons. If you contributed to the development of this add-on please do contact us via PM here and we can get you setup with a license for the add-on

I'm not interested in moving to new developers etc sorry, I wish you all the best though, no hard feelings or anything like that towards you I'm just surprised to see the original mod was removed, considering the amount of money several people, including myself, have spent on it to make it actually happen to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
For image-centric forums where images are core to the discussion in large parts of the forum a separate media gallery is a disjointed option, The add on & the gallery view also allows posts with images to be moved from non-gallery view, non thumbnail enabled nodes into nodes with it enabled as an admin task. Something you can't do with a forum & media gallery.

Happy as I am to have found & to be using XF the main reason I'm on it is the add-on development that allowed us to migrate this feature from our old platform.

An example of how we use the 2 add-ons together in 90% of our 400+ nodes.
http://classiccampstoves.com/forums/primus-no-210.143/

As Jake said, if you contributed to the add-on, its all yours for free. Jon never sent us a log of who all contributed.

Top Bottom