Can't fix Thumbnail for attachments don't seem to work for larger images

Is it being recognised as an image file?

Some software seems to record erroneous file information - I have seen it several times.

If you link to the image I can test whether that is the case.

I've confirmed the problem using the image from that thread.

This could be a problem/limitation with the GD image processor, but I'll move it to bugs anyway to see what Mike has to say about it.

Ok, thank you Brogan =) ! Is it preferred to use ImageMagick? I saw it was a option to use that instead? What is used on Xenforo?

I also noticed yesterday, I don't get the option to embed Thumbnail or Full Image with a larger file. I thought that was a feature .. but maybe it was a bug !
sample.files.large.images.xenforo.not.thumbnailing.webp

I made a .png file which was 1219 KB. It wouldn't embed, so I made the same image as a .jpg (54 KB) and it worked fine.

Here are the sample files.

Attachments

Well.. My question still remains. Will i be able somehow to upload a large .jpg for example with the thumbnail showing? The uploading part is a large part of my forum, i want the users to be able to upload images directly from their camera to the site? They shouldnt have to open the images in a photo program and resize them before uploading.

Sorry Mike, dont know what you meant by "whim". Tried to translate it using google translate but still dont know :). I see that this thread has got the prefix "cant fix". Not even if i choose the option imagemagick within xenforo?

Essentially it won't work using the default GD image processor, as I alluded to in my original post.

You will need to install ImageMagick.

Ok.. Just a few questions then :).

1. Is there a downside with having imagemagick on my site? Will everything look like it does now?
2. How do i make imagemagick work on the site? First fill in the radiobutton that says imagemagick in admin cp and then ask my host to install imagemagick?

Thanks!

Top Bottom