• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Can't fix Thumbnail for attachments don't seem to work for larger images

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Is it being recognised as an image file?

Some software seems to record erroneous file information - I have seen it several times.

If you link to the image I can test whether that is the case.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I've confirmed the problem using the image from that thread.

This could be a problem/limitation with the GD image processor, but I'll move it to bugs anyway to see what Mike has to say about it.

Ok, thank you Brogan =) ! Is it preferred to use ImageMagick? I saw it was a option to use that instead? What is used on Xenforo?

Well.. My question still remains. Will i be able somehow to upload a large .jpg for example with the thumbnail showing? The uploading part is a large part of my forum, i want the users to be able to upload images directly from their camera to the site? They shouldnt have to open the images in a photo program and resize them before uploading.

Sorry Mike, dont know what you meant by "whim". Tried to translate it using google translate but still dont know :). I see that this thread has got the prefix "cant fix". Not even if i choose the option imagemagick within xenforo?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Essentially it won't work using the default GD image processor, as I alluded to in my original post.

You will need to install ImageMagick.

Ok.. Just a few questions then :).

1. Is there a downside with having imagemagick on my site? Will everything look like it does now?
2. How do i make imagemagick work on the site? First fill in the radiobutton that says imagemagick in admin cp and then ask my host to install imagemagick?

Thanks!