XF 2.0 Thread view read/unread status

On the forum home page, the forums containing unread messages, the forum title goes red. If you mark forums as read, they all go grey. This is the correct behaviour.

Is there anyway to apply this to the thread list within the forum too? This would then give a visual indicator of what threads you have to read.

This is already the case in that thread view shows unread threads:

1529665374411.webp

the forums containing unread messages, the forum title goes red.
In the default style, forum titles change to bold text and are blue when they contain unread threads. I suspect that you have either customised the default style yourself or you are using a custom style. In either case you will need to look at why unread threads aren't distinguishable from read ones if you don't get the above on your forum (you may need to post in the discussion thread for a custom style if you are using one).

This is already the case in that thread view shows unread threads:

View attachment 178537

In the default style, forum titles change to bold text and are blue when they contain unread threads. I suspect that you have either customised the default style yourself or you are using a custom style. In either case you will need to look at why unread threads aren't distinguishable from read ones if you don't get the above on your forum (you may need to post in the discussion thread for a custom style if you are using one).

Ok, can you assist in pointing me to where we would change the colour rather than bolding it?

read.webp

Ok, can you assist in pointing me to where we would change the colour rather than bolding it?
As I said, you will need to post in the discussion thread for the style that you are using. Custom styles can work in different ways and so asking to change that, or anything else related to the style, is best asked there.

Is this goes for node title and thread title? Anyway here are the codes you need,

Unread node title

Code:
.node--unread .node-title a {
    color: red;
}

Unread thread title

Code:
.is-unread .structItem-title a {
    color: red;
}

Copy paste those codes into your EXTRA.less template and change where it says red to whatever color you like.

This is what I have in my extra.less but it still does not work for the thread view, only the forum view:

.node--read .node-title a {
color: #4e4e4e !important;
}

color: #a30000 !important
}

This is what I have in my extra.less but it still does not work for the thread view, only the forum view:

.node--read .node-title a {
}

color: #a30000 !important
}

The codes you posted above are the wrong codes for the thread view. Use the second one I provided earlier for thread view. Also always check your codes should something be missing, the second code is missing a semicolon.

Perfect...that worked thank you with a slight adjustment to remove the visited status (place at the end of the file above the media statement):

.node--unread .node-title a,
.node--unread .node-title a:visited {
color: #a30000 !important;
}

.structItem-title a,
.structItem-title a:visited {
}

.is-unread .structItem-title a,
.is-unread .structItem-title a:visited {
color: #a30000 !important;
}