As designed No read/unread state on article threads

Jake B.

Affected version
2.2.x
Not sure if it's intentional, but there's no way to tell if you've already read an article thread or not

The display is roughly like it would be in a post: there's the presence of a "new" indicator in the top right corner. It's expanded to say "new replies" if you've read the article already.

1593091916115.webp

The display is roughly like it would be in a post: there's the presence of a "new" indicator in the top right corner. It's expanded to say "new replies" if you've read the article already.

View attachment 228988

Ah, not showing up for me so I guess everything is read. How is this worded for a brand new article that you haven't read with 0 replies?

If the article itself isn't read, it shows "New" (like a post). If the article has been read/seen but the thread is unread, then "New replies".

or is older then the read-marking cutoff
exactly. users will quit sliding the list down because have no chance to see if those are read or unread but older then some cut-off...
xF does everything possible to make my visitors to leave my forum)

If the article itself isn't read, it shows "New" (like a post). If the article has been read/seen but the thread is unread, then "New replies".
Nope. I go to Have you seen...?, subforum, go to the last page. None of articles have "New" or "New replies", but I never read them.

But that's no different from how read-marking has always worked?
If you want, you could increase the cutoff to a high value like ... 1 year which basically would be 'forever'?

OK. If Upvote actually means downvote, I probably shouldn't be surprised that read actually means unread.
have no questions anymore.

An upvote is never a downvote, not even taking back an upvote would be a downvote :)

If I upvote smth. I express that I like the sugesstion/answer and if I take an upvote back I don't express that I dislike the suggestion/answer, it just goes back to a neutral state.

An upvote is never a downvote, not even taking back an upvote would be a downvote :)

If I upvote smth. I express that I like the sugesstion/answer and if I take an upvote back I don't express that I dislike the suggestion/answer, it just goes back to a neutral state.

I'm gonna build the "Alice in Wonderland" forum. xF 2.2 is a perfect platform for that. )

Top Bottom