Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.10.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
BUG

I upgraded from 2.6.0. The TT is showing in What's New/New Posts even though I have it set to show in forum view only. I'm about to go back to 2.6.0 had no issues.

@beerForo we did not reproduce any server errors with it, could you please open a ticket and give us some examples of errors so we can troubleshoot it further. If you don't have any examples that's fine, if there is an ongoing issue I guess one of users will reproduce and report it.

Thank you!

I tried to cut and paste the errors but the paste didn't work. It said something like "auto thumbnail" and was coming in every second.

I deleted it and reinstalled 2.6.0.

@beerForo we did not reproduce any server errors with it, could you please open a ticket and give us some examples of errors so we can troubleshoot it further. If you don't have any examples that's fine, if there is an ongoing issue I guess one of users will reproduce and report it.

Thank you!
Sorry, I forgot it was still in logs. Like one of these every second. Hundreds of entries.
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "is_auto_thumbnail" on null src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Entity/Thread.php:261
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 13, 2021 at 4:54 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Entity/Thread.php(261): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/*****/pub...', 261)
#1 src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Entity/Thread.php(80): AL\ThreadThumbnail\XF\Entity\Thread->hasThumbnail()
#2 [internal function]: AL\ThreadThumbnail\XF\Entity\Thread->getMetaThumbnailUrl()
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1184): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/thread_view.php(633): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(TickTackk\ChangeContentOwner\XF\Entity\Thread), 'getMetaThumbnai...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(54) "/threads/promo.58324/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Sorry, I forgot it was still in logs. Like one of these every second. Hundreds of entries.
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "is_auto_thumbnail" on null src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Entity/Thread.php:261
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 13, 2021 at 4:54 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Entity/Thread.php(261): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/*****/pub...', 261)
#1 src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Entity/Thread.php(80): AL\ThreadThumbnail\XF\Entity\Thread->hasThumbnail()
#2 [internal function]: AL\ThreadThumbnail\XF\Entity\Thread->getMetaThumbnailUrl()
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1184): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/thread_view.php(633): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(TickTackk\ChangeContentOwner\XF\Entity\Thread), 'getMetaThumbnai...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(54) "/threads/promo.58324/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
We also faced the same issue with the recent update. Though we have it resolved temporarily by changing line no 161 in AL\ThreadThumbnail\XF\Entity\Thread.php to

Code:
 if (
            isset($this->ThreadThumbnail->is_auto_thumbnail) && $this->ThreadThumbnail->is_auto_thumbnail
            && in_array($this->thread_id, array_map('intval', explode(',', \XF::options()->altt_disbaled_threads)), true)
        )

@AddonsLab Please have a look into this. Thanks :)

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: hasThumbnail method throws an error due to the missing thumbnail relation

This version fixes a PHP bug: ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "is_auto_thumbnail" on null src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Entity/Thread.php:261

The new version is available for all licensed customers at https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

BUG

I upgraded from 2.6.0. The TT is showing in What's New/New Posts even though I have it set to show in forum view only. I'm about to go back to 2.6.0 had no issues.
With this bug too please. I am using an older version because of the bugs.

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: thumbnails shows on all pages when the option Enable only in forum view is checked

This version fixes a bug that caused the option Enable only in forum view not to work and the thumbnails to be shown on all pages instead of forum view pages only.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab - Can you please tell me how this works with the new Articles thread type and forums? Will it allow the member to specify which image is shown for the photo in the article list? Will it affect the way these images are displayed?

@AddonsLab - Can you please tell me how this works with the new Articles thread type and forums? Will it allow the member to specify which image is shown for the photo in the article list? Will it affect the way these images are displayed?

It works for article forums just like for general forums. It affects only the list of threads, no any other view is affected by choosing a thumbnail:

image.png

If you need anything specific, just let us know here in detail and we will consider it for the next version.

Thank you!

Top Bottom