Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.13.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
Does anyone here know how I can prevent the thread thumbnail from overlapping the title when I make it larger? As of now the TT looks good but it covers up the first few letters in the thread title.

/* thread thumbnail */

.has-thumbnail div.avatar {
width: 80px;
height: 60px;
border-radius: 5px !important;
}

The product replaces XenForo's default icon (which is the avatar of a user) with a thumbnail, without any size changes, as the size of the image itself basically depends on the theme you are using and what is the size of user avatars in your theme. We have discussed this with other users in this thread, and here are some CSS rules that should work for changing avatar/thumbnail width and height:
CSS:
div[data-type=thread] .structItem-cell.structItem-cell--icon {
    width: 90px;
}
This code for regular threads works but it causes WHITE SPACE after the mini avatar on the right side of the page. So if you look at the right side where the last replier avatar is there is white space after this.

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Unfurl support

This version implements support for detection of thread thumbnail from Unfurl block.

It also fixes a bug when editing/saving a thread would trigger error - Please enter a value for the required field 'attachment_id'

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

homer TheSimpsons GIF by Live What You Love Business Coaching

This version fixes the attachment issue (tested) and adds unfurl thumbnails (tested) and my ticket was answered for the css support, and that works!

Fantastic all around thanks!

PS. Can you list the Core in "Your Products" so we can download it easily when you update it?

homer TheSimpsons GIF by Live What You Love Business Coaching

This version fixes the attachment issue (tested) and adds unfurl thumbnails (tested) and my ticket was answered for the css support, and that works!

Fantastic all around thanks!

PS. Can you list the Core in "Your Products" so we can download it easily when you update it?

You are welcome!

I am afraid listing Core in the Client area would require some updates to the software, but we will do so as soon as we find some spare time.

Thank you!

I have a single thread by a user that has attached a screenshot of a blog post. So the resulting thumbnail is of course like this:

1624399770747.png

How can I remove the thumbnail without deleting the thread attachment, which is needed by the user's question?

So I assume there is no way to achieve this.

@AddonsLab could you think about adding this option in the thumbnail popup selector?
It would be useful to have a button to set "No thumbnail for this thread" beside the attachments. For now you can only use the bin icon which will delete the file but it does affect the thread attachments also!

So I assume there is no way to achieve this.

@AddonsLab could you think about adding this option in the thumbnail popup selector?
It would be useful to have a button to set "No thumbnail for this thread" beside the attachments. For now you can only use the bin icon which will delete the file but it does affect the thread attachments also!

Yes, it is not possible for now, but we will soon release the next version with an option to disable automatic thumbnails for a particular thread, by putting thread IDs in the setting. Added a dedicated popup would just require considerable development efforts for a feature that does not seem to be useful for most of users.

We will update here soon with the new release.

Thank you!

New option: Disable thumbnails for specific threads

The new option allows to disable automatic thumbnail selection for any specific thread by providing its ID in the admin panel options page. This applies only for automatic thumbnails, users can still manually choose one of the attachments as a thumbnail.

Thank you!

Could you look to add thumbnails to 'Search Forums' (https://..../search-forums/trade-members.xx/) too?
If you turn this setting off it should show in search forums since it is a search result, as long as the original thread has the TT.

Enable only in forum view
If checked, thread thumbnail will be enabled only in the forum view. All other locations like New posts, Latest posts widgets, etc. will not show the thumbnail.

If you turn this setting off it should show in search forums since it is a search result, as long as the original thread has the TT.

Enable only in forum view
If checked, thread thumbnail will be enabled only in the forum view. All other locations like New posts, Latest posts widgets, etc. will not show the thumbnail.
Hi beerForo,

I have that setting off already and it doesn’t show?! It’s a ‘Search Forum’ though which is a forum that is created from a search.

Alex

Search Forum Does not show thumbnail

I want to request this feature too

show thumbnail in "Search Forum"

Bug-fix: Search forums do not show the thumbnails

In this version, we have implemented support for Search forum node type, which now will show the thumbnails just like in a regular forum.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'thumbnail_width' of non-object

This version fixes an error with rebuilding thumbnails, when attachment in question is missing its data record in the database.

Thank you!

Top Bottom