Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.13.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
@beerForo we have just replied in your ticket. It seems re-importing the add-on fixes the issue. I can't be absolutely sure there is no coding issue/conflict there, but it is also possible to installation issue, if installation process somehow does not import class extensions fully.

We will confirm here once again if we manage to reproduce the issue.

threads have a thread thumbnail
whats-new have a thread thumbnail
find-threads have no thread thumbnail
find-threads/contributed have no thread thumbnail
find-threads/unanswered have no thread thumbnail

watched/threads have a thread thumbnail

There is an issue in combination with another addon maybe.
The version 2.5.0 activated:

Edit post.
Insert muliple
Mark all
Uncheck one
Delete all

Deletes all attachments

The version 2.5.0 deactivated:

Edit post.
Insert muliple
Mark all
Uncheck one
Delete all

Deletes all checked attachments

In the next step i will try now which addons are maybe a problem in combination.

@beerForo we have just replied in your ticket. It seems re-importing the add-on fixes the issue. I can't be absolutely sure there is no coding issue/conflict there, but it is also possible to installation issue, if installation process somehow does not import class extensions fully.

We will confirm here once again if we manage to reproduce the issue.
So far so good thx!

Another problem.
Some older posts and newer ones done with deactivated addon have no thread thumbnail.
I have to edit the post to have the thread thumbnail.
I have tried to rebuild thumbnails, but no change.

Seems the should be a rebuild for that? I cant edit all older posts now.

Seems i have solved it by reupload all js from another forum.
Nope. Problem is still there.
Check all, uncheck one, delete all, will delete all, also the unchecked one.
I had this before, but can not remember how i have solved it.

1. Now all addons are deactivated.
2. Thread thumbs and lib are activated. Still same problem.

---
Next try: all addons deactived. Problem away.

Conclusion: The problem is still there also, when i have only this addon (and the lib) active.
I will try to upload everything one more time. Maybe someone has an idea where the problem could be located.
I guess it is an old js somewhere. But which JS could be the right ones to look for?

Conclusion: The problem is still there also, when i have only this addon (and the lib) active.
I will try to upload everything one more time. Maybe someone has an idea where the problem could be located.
I guess it is an old js somewhere. But which JS could be the right ones to look for?

Thank you for the report. We have already the issue and we are working on fixing it. It is caused by some conflict with XenForo JS itself, which, when deciing which attachments should be removed, simply queries all "checkbox" type inputs in the container. Our checkbox counts as "checked" as well and the attachment gets deleted. We are changing our checkbox to a radio that should resolve the problem.

The fix will be released here asap.

Thank you!

Your addon runs in two client's forums without a problem (after we have changed something. Unfortunatley nobody remembers what it was)

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: All attachments are deleted when deleting a single attachment in a post

The release fixes a bug that would cause deleting all attachments in a post when one of them gets deleted. This was related to a conflict with XenForo core JavaScript, that would consider the checkbox meant for the thumbnail selection as a checkbox for deletion of attachments. We have updated the UI to use Radio buttons, and clicking a radio button one more time will unselect it, just in case you need to disable manual selection of any thread thumbnail.

The new version is available for all...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The size can be changed by some changes in .less, if i remember right.
It is a little bit tricky, because you have the search results, where you can change all sizes or only the threads or change just nothing.

Also there are list with a different html code for the icon-cell; so you need to change this cell also.

Then you need to decide where you change it and in which size. In some cases 72*96 are really nice, but then the avatar-text-icons look strange.
So maybe better to stay with 72*72 for example, depending on your content.

When i have the next client (and you really need it and if i remember it) i can write down the steps.

Oh, ok. It will be exciting to see where and which sizes are changed, because we have some more pages, where this can happen.
Also there are pages without a replacement.

Here's the bugs:
Bug Report
  • Enable only in forum view
If checked, thread thumbnail will be enabled only in the forum view. All other locations like New posts, Latest posts widgets, etc.will not show the thumbnail.
  • The TT still shows in search results. To reproduce, go to a user profile and click to see their threads. You see a mix of avatars a TTs.
  • Also "typo," no space after etc. ;)
Bug Report

YouTube links with starting positions cause an image not found error for the TT. So when they choose to share and chose a "starting point," the link looks like this xxxxxxxxx:120 but it does not generate a TT and you get the red X.
I just had this happen again today.
Anyway, we will add a CSS class that can be used to target only the threads, that have thumbnails enabled in their forum.
This is the size option to be added. I stand corrected as in it did not say next version.

Hello, @beerForo

Yes, this is a quick fix for a serious issue, that could cause content being deleted unexpectedly, that's why we have released it asap. We don't use Patch level releases, we just release minor upgrade in version "x.x.X" for bug-fixes and change version to x.X.x for newly implemented versions. Anyway, we will implement the bugs you reported and add the CSS class needed and release the next version within coming several hours.

Thank you!

Sounds great! I also had this suggestion. In this scenario only an avatar shows when the TT could be from the unfurl. I have only had this happen once so far but perhaps it could be implemented in this version or later. Thanks!
Suggestion:
Since you are working on a new version would it be possible to grab the image from an unfurl if only an unfurl exists? Since my users post videos, they sometimes post unfurls since the website may not be supported for embedding on XF. But there is an image in the unfurl. Would you be able to set that as TT?

Example:

Top Bottom