Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.10.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Dependency added: [AL] Core Package

This is a minor release, that changes the way the add-on is using some of our shared PHP classes. From now on, the add-on will require a core library package from https://xenforo.com/community/resources/al-core-package.7382/ to be installed. Please download the package and install it before upgrading the add-on. Please upgrade all other AddonsLab add-ons you are using to their latest versions if you see an error in the Admin Panel about files with unexpected content.

The new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab I'm curious about the performane of this addon. does it take longer for xenforo to load on a shared host? thanks

The information required to show the thumbnails loads at the same time the threads themselves are fetched. The posts are parsed to find an image for the thumbnail in the background only. So, for now, we did not get any reports of the add-on affecting the performance of the board.

Thank you!

I am looking at your demo. Those tiny 36x36 thumbnails are using the full original size images (some are 1920 × 2560).
Are you able to make your addon use a smaller resized version to improve performance?

New option: Enable only in forum view

The version implements a new option - "Enable only in forum view". If enabled, the thumbnails will be shown only in the forum view (thread list), all other locations will not show any thumbnails (widgets, watched threads, recent posts, etc.). The option is disabled by default.

There is also a fix in the template "altt_thumbnail" which will prevent unneeded SQL queries from executing on forum home page or pages with widgets. Please make sure the template is not outdated in the admin panel...

@AddonsLab Does Features option added for the thumbnails are shown in search results? I am also missing Features option Tooltip shows full image when hover on thumbnail without open lightbox popup when clicking?

@AddonsLab Does Features option added for the thumbnails are shown in search results? I am also missing Features option Tooltip shows full image when hover on thumbnail without open lightbox popup when clicking?

None of the features you have mentioned are implemented, the feature implemented is described in the update message.

Supporting search results will be implemented as soon as possible but can't provide any ETA for now. As for the image on hover, and we have implemented lightbox support as per XenForo 2.x UI standards and we are not planning any other type of popup in this product. For any custom UI feel free to contact other developers and ask them to implement the feature for you.

Thank you!

The thumbnails are passed as m, but shown with 26px;
it would be nice to change this somehow as an option.

Please apply the change using a template modification or manual template change of the template altt_thumbnail

The line #5 is:
Code:
<xf:set var="$avatarSize" value="{{ $avatarSize ? $avatarSize : 's' }}"/>

And if you want to use medium avatar size by default it should be modified to be:
Code:
<xf:set var="$avatarSize" value="{{ $avatarSize ? $avatarSize : 'm' }}"/>

Thank you!

Thank you. This changes the "s" to "m"; but the size is defined by

Code:
.structItem-iconContainer .avatar {
    width: 36px;
    height: 36px;
    font-size: 22px;
}

I like this addon. I'm waiting until this is implemented: For now, the thumbnails are not shown in search results. This feature will be implemented in upcoming product releases.

Testing with 2.2 beta. Not working. Getting a template error. Had to disable all addons via config to access the ACP.

Hello, bought this addon. Seems working well. Just a couple of question:
  • Enable/disable per node number is very difficult in wide forum with a lot of nodes. Is there a way to add a drop down multiselection tab in order to simplify the selection?
  • Is there a way to transform thumbnail from rounded to squared 150x150 px?
Thanks in advance.

@AddonsLab it seems that there's no way to change the size of thumbnails in add-on's options? For example, how do I make the thumbnails 140x180px?

I found the answer. Need to change numbers in CSS.

Last edited:

XenForo 2.2.x compatibility and permissions fix

This release fixes a compatibility issue on XenForo 2.2.x where it wasn't possible to change the thread thumbnail manually.

It also includes a fix for a bug causing users without "Change Own Thread's Thumbnail" permission to see the Set Thumbnail checkbox while editing the first post. This fix applies to all XenForo versions.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Thank you!

Top Bottom