Add-on Thread Tags - No extra queries

jt2011

I need thread tags and I saw ******'s tag mod but it adds (supposedly) over 60 queries which is excessive and unnecessary when listing/viewing threads & posts. The method I am thinking requires no additional queries when viewing threads, etc.

Just add a row to the thread/post tables with an array of the tags and also (if you have xenporta) create a tag table for a tag block.

Then tags get loaded when the table data is read for output, from there you process the tag array to your liking. If you create a block for xenporta then yes it will add one or more queries.

To search a tag and see similar tagged posts, it would search the thread/post tag row and display based on your admin preference (title,date,rating, etc).

Ideally there would be user permissions to add, view and use tags. I don't want the public to use, search or see tags; only registered users but maybe you want them to use it.

funny I searched for "tag" in the addon resources and that was not one of the results.
I guess the search function is very strict and searches for exactly what you type?

Top Bottom