1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Thread Tags - No extra queries

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by jt2011, Jun 19, 2012.

1. jt2011

jt2011 Active Member

I need thread tags and I saw ******'s tag mod but it adds (supposedly) over 60 queries which is excessive and unnecessary when listing/viewing threads & posts. The method I am thinking requires no additional queries when viewing threads, etc.

Just add a row to the thread/post tables with an array of the tags and also (if you have xenporta) create a tag table for a tag block.

Then tags get loaded when the table data is read for output, from there you process the tag array to your liking. If you create a block for xenporta then yes it will add one or more queries.

To search a tag and see similar tagged posts, it would search the thread/post tag row and display based on your admin preference (title,date,rating, etc).

Ideally there would be user permissions to add, view and use tags. I don't want the public to use, search or see tags; only registered users but maybe you want them to use it.

2. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

3. jt2011

jt2011 Active Member

funny I searched for "tag" in the addon resources and that was not one of the results.
    I guess the search function is very strict and searches for exactly what you type?

4. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

I've searched actually with "tag" and giving me the answer in the first results.