Implemented Thread Tagging

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Another month gone by and still no Tagging on a system that's supposed to be state of the art. For me, this lack of a tagging system with admin-assignable rights levels is essential for managing our knowledge base. Without it, XF is only half-fast, and not quite state of the art.

Actually it seems like the use of the Term "Tag" has at least two meanings.
The feature I am asking for is NOT the "tagging" of a member to alert them to a post where they're mentioned.
The Tag I'm referring to is when Moderators can tag posts with keywords and keyphrases that help categorize the topic.

So much for state of the art... Maybe next year, or the year after that... Again to differentiate, I'm not concerned about users tagging each other to alert to their being mentioned in a post, I'm looking for the function that Moderators can use to assign subject area categories (including more than one) to a given thread or post, that all users may then search on, such as appears in vB 3.8.x (ahem)...

.../search.php/ > Search Forums > Search Options > Search by Tag

When if ever will THAT function become available in XF State of the Art?

So much for state of the art... Maybe next year, or the year after that... Again to differentiate, I'm not concerned about users tagging each other to alert to their being mentioned in a post, I'm looking for the function that Moderators can use to assign subject area categories (including more than one) to a given thread or post, that all users may then search on, such as appears in vB 3.8.x (ahem)...

.../search.php/ > Search Forums > Search Options > Search by Tag

When if ever will THAT function become available in XF State of the Art?
Sorry, guess I never thought tagging made something state of the art :rolleyes:.

:) The tagging system I've been working on looks great though :).

Another month gone by and still no Tagging on a system that's supposed to be state of the art. For me, this lack of a tagging system with admin-assignable rights levels is essential for managing our knowledge base. Without it, XF is only half-fast, and not quite state of the art.

Back in the old days of UBBThreads, that was known as "flagging".

As for tagging actual topics with tagwords, I'd like to see this too.

If you still have the stats for that, check the bounce rate. Chances are it'll be fairly high for both the tag list and the results pages.
it wasn't high. actually it have always remained stable. tags weren't only shown in a tag page, they also appeared in forum list view and topic view.
I can assure you with certainty that tags when correctly configured increases search engine traffic.

it wasn't high. actually it have always remained stable. tags weren't only shown in a tag page, they also appeared in forum list view and topic view.
I can assure you with certainty that tags when correctly configured increases search engine traffic.
Would love to see stats then, as from all experiences I've had with tags (On many platforms) the bounce rate is high, and the organic traffic (from search) is minimal.

I wonder if a "Similar threads" Addon would outperform a Tags addon.

I don't doubt that the extra organization of Tags brings benefits.
It is just so high maintenance it might not be worth the effort.

We use both.
Tags & Similar threads.

High bounce rate with tag page is not true on my site.
Without tag feature, I can not move to Xenforo now.

I wonder if a "Similar threads" Addon would outperform a Tags addon.

I don't doubt that the extra organization of Tags brings benefits.
It is just so high maintenance it might not be worth the effort.

Top Bottom