• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Thread Tagging

ForestForTrees

I just wanted to share a bit more appreciation for the XenForo team for adding this functionality. While not everyone loves tagging, it is so fundamental and complex that its basic infrastructure needs to be in the core. I'd personally love it if there were more tagging features in the core in future versions (see any of the tagging addons for feature ideas), but the fact that the basic tagging infrastructure (tables, etc) is in the core makes it possible to have an ecosystem of addons to get the features I need. It's made a big difference in my experience, and I just wanted to thank you all for that.

ForestForTrees

Theoretically, could you not import into XenTag, then upgrade XenTag to the newest version, which will import into the native tagging system? It's not the way you'd want to do it, but it could work.

I had a good experience of updating my old XenTag tags into the core tagging system using the built in importer in XenTag 3.2.2. It looks like @Dinh Thanh doesn't always respond to support requests in the thread, but he did a very substantial rewrite of the addon recently (version 3), so I suspect it's still alive. In fact, the last update was just 9 days ago. My completely unfounded hypothesis is that he wants to continue using it on his site, so he had it rewritten so it plays nicely with 1.5. If indeed he continues to use it on his main board then I bet he has a lot of confidence in its underlying reliability.

Alfa1

I had an vbulletin tags importer developed for me. It has now been completed. I am willing to share with those who want to share in the costs. Feel free to contact me.

Neutral Singh

@Chris D @Mike

1.5.6 now supports importing thread tags from vBulletin...

When importing from vBulletin and IPB, thread tags will now be imported.
I and many others like me have already upgraded to xF for more than a year... Any chance of importing the thread tags after the import process from vbulletin is already concluded or it will work only for the new imports... Thank you.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
This is only for new imports. It may be able to be modified to be run independently, but that is not included out of the box.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member

Daniel Hood

Kier, Mike and I all have official add-ons in the Resource Manager.
I knew you were going to say that. I don't want to continue off topic too much but I was just thinking that if official resources such as this were under a unified, clearly official author/category/prefix it would make them easier to spot and reference (especially for newcomers). May even be able to help solidify a standard, in this particular case: this is how you make an importer. Anyways, just an idea.

SexyGirl.jpg

Tag in Thread View display like this, how can i fix the style like default, or which template that i can fix?

@Mike please help me. Thanks

Last edited: