Thread Tagging Improvements

Thread Tagging Improvements 1.0.7 Patch Level 6

No permission to download

mazzly

mazzly submitted a new resource:

Potential Tags Helper - 🔠Categorize your threads by 🏷️Common thread words with our 🔋Potential Tag Helper

Tags are useful to group your site's content together, but it is not always so easy to identify what tags could be useful.

This addon collects all the words used in thread titles and gives you an overview of the most common words.

View attachment 277568

From the list it allows you to:
  • Open "add tag" dialogue
  • Preview threads containing the word
  • Ignore the word.
In the Add/Edit tag dialogue there is also a new option to automatically tag threads...

Read more about this resource...

mazzly updated Potential Tags Helper with a new update entry:

Bunch of improvements

• Allow filtering the words by search input
  • Thread previews:
    • show the tags for listed threads
    • show total count of matches in footer
  • New "explore mode", can be used without a word, or opened from a potential word:
    1. Allows you to further define words for a tag and see which threads are matching it
    2. When you are happy with the results, you can easily create a new tag from the word
  • Fix so that auto-tagging for tags with multiple words...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tag synonyms and Suggesting tags when posting threads

• New feature that automatically populates the tags field from the title
    • Can be disabled in options (It is enabled by default to promote tag usage)
    • Option to limit amount of tags that are suggested (defaults to 5)
  • Option to always show the tags field (enabled by default to promote tag usage)
    • It is otherwise hidden on "quick thread"-mode unless "minimum tags required" is defined..
  • Tags now can have synonyms, that are used in...

sadly it doesnt work with russian language
Oh yeah that might be.. The regexp split there is probably too limited at the moment... I will look into this and release a new version when I can figure something out 😊👌

Could you PM me some examples of russian thread titles or some lorem ipsum and I can test with that when fixing it 😎👍

Oh yeah that might be.. The regexp split there is probably too limited at the moment... I will look into this and release a new version when I can figure something out 😊👌

Could you PM me some examples of russian thread titles or some lorem ipsum and I can test with that when fixing it 😎👍
yeah sure

Fixes for non-ASCII characters and various other improvements

• Option to set the tag as a synonym of the target tag when merging tags
  • Support for other character sets than ASCII :)
  • Open add/edit tag pages in dialogues rather than on a new page.
  • When adding/editing/merging/deleting tags, return to the same page you started on
    • The default XF logic is to go back to the first/start page of tags management, which is quite annoying if you are editing tags on e.g. the 3rd page :D
    • To enable this feature fully, the addon...

Multi-worded potential words, Cleanup of options & other nice things

• The potential tags page now shows words that consist of multiple words
    • New option: Potential tags max word count, (default 3)
    • New option: Allow stop words in multi-worded potential tags (default false)
  • Options interface improvements
    • Tabbed interface to better group options
    • Button to save + rebuild potential words in sections where it will be needed
  • New advanced option: Regex used to split words
    • The...

I had to disable this addon temporarily, is causing me some issues when posting. Had to check each addon individually to find out.

Screenshot_20221221_071334_com.brave.browser.webp

I had to disable this addon temporarily, is causing me some issues when posting. Had to check each addon individually to find out.

View attachment 278671
Hmm, interesting... Probably some permission that needs checking before... Thanks for reporting this...

Does this happen when "changing the field" from title to the message area?

If you have access to a desktop, could you open the developer console in the browser and send a screenshot of the console output to me? :)

Hmm, interesting... Probably some permission that needs checking before... Thanks for reporting this...

Does this happen when "changing the field" from title to the message area?

If you have access to a desktop, could you open the developer console in the browser and send a screenshot of the console output to me? :)
Would love to do that, but I'm at work.

Yes, that's right. It happens when changing the field from title to message.

Would love to do that, but I'm at work.

Yes, that's right. It happens when changing the field from title to message.
Okay, I'm sure there is some check that I need to add there so it doesn't try to access "non-allowed" things...

Have you enabled the Automatically suggest tags when creating a thread option in admin?

Top Bottom