1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Thread Prefixes - Moving Prefixed Threads When Marked "Expired"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by madamgambler, May 14, 2015.

1. madamgambler

madamgambler Member

I am using the thread prefixes to mark expired posts "expired".

What happens when I mark expired threads with the prefix, it sits in the same place as it was according to the last comment date. If I have other threads that are not expired but not commented on after the date of the expired thread, the non-expired thread sits below all the "expired" prefix tagged threads.

What I want to happen is when I "expire" a thread with the thread prefix, I want the thread to jump below all threads that do not have a prefix.

Is this possible?

I used to move threads to an "archive forum" which made all my forums nice and neat. Since my boss wanted threads "expired" and not archived anymore, I find I am burying the current unexpired threads in a sea of "expired" threads.

I hope this make sense and hope even more that someone may be able to tell me if it can be done and how.

I have read this over but it doesn't seem to cover what I am looking for. https://xenforo.com/help/thread-prefixes/

Thank you in advance for any help. :)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It would require an add-on or custom development.
    madamgambler likes this.
  3. madamgambler

madamgambler Member

I will search for a plug-in then ... if there is such a beast.

Thank you, Brogan.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it's expired by virtue of being old, you could potentially change the default sort order in the forum to be based on start date (it's a forum option).
    madamgambler likes this.
  5. madamgambler

madamgambler Member

That's an idea. Thanks, Mike. :)