XF 1.4 Thread Prefix Required For Even Administrators?

Divvens

When you force the use of Thread Prefix, it mentions that this is not enfored for Moderators.

Although when I try creating a thread in said forum (which has the prefix required checked) I am always forced to use a prefix and cannot use "No Prefix".

Is this intended and can only assigned moderators create threads without prefixes? Or should I be able to create them as well?

The reference there to moderators really means moderator-level actions. It does call out moving a thread as an example, but this also applies to a moderator editing a thread title (but not a regular user). It is applied when creating threads for all users.

I have added myself as a moderator @Chris D (Super Moderator) yet in all forums that require thread prefix it forces me to add one as well during thread creation.
Correct. As Mike said, the force prefix applies to everyone on thread creation (and is desired). However moderators can remove prefixes in moderator actions eg when editing the thread title inline when viewing the thread list.

Top Bottom