Thread Filter by AddonsLab

Thread Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.9.2

No permission to buy ($69.99)
Hello everyone.

@NHATKYMUA , the number of columns is specified in the template "altf_above_thread_filter_container.less". Just change the rule column-count: 2; to column-count: 3; and it should work fine.

The URL contains the information about all custom field values, that's why it is long. We could make it shorter by replacing "thread_fieds" word with something shorter, but this may break somethings and needs careful testing. We will handle it when we are done with some other scheduled enhancements.

@duderuud, unfortunately, the add-on does not support filtering New Posts view, especially excluding forums is not anyhow part of add-ons functionality. There some be some other add-ons specifically handling that case. Just let us know if you need our assistance with it and we will create a separate add-on based on your needs. Please contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and we will discuss the terms there.

Thank you!

Is this also possible for the checkboxes?
The problem is if I change the count in .listColumns then this is also applied to the sidebar
1536662929600.webp

Is this also possible for the checkboxes?
The problem is if I change the count in .listColumns then this is also applied to the sidebar
View attachment 183255

You just need to make your CSS more specific to apply to the container above thread list only. Inspecting the block you will notice the entire block is wrapped in a container with CSS class "filterAboveThreadList", so your rule should target .filterAboveThreadList .listColumns instead of .listColumns alone and it will work.

Thank you!

Please try to edit and save a custom field and check again. We will try to reproduce the problem and implement a definitive fix.

Thank you!

For some reason this keeps happening. Editing and saving a custom field works to fix it, but I have no way of knowing when I need to do that unless our members let us know.

For some reason this keeps happening. Editing and saving a custom field works to fix it, but I have no way of knowing when I need to do that unless our members let us know.

Thank you for the update. We will check this in depth again and release a fix asap.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Thread Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: custom fields disappear from the form after XenForo upgrade

This is a bug-fix release that solves the problem of thread filter forms disappearing after XenForo upgrade or rebuilding of master data. It was caused by XenForo listeners not being available during the upgrade process, therefor customized version of field cache would be replaced with the default version, without information about filtering in it. As a result, all custom fields would disappear from the form. Now we check the cache during loading of the page to see if the information we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suggestion: option to display thread field in thread as a link. Clicking it will lead you to all threads with the same value.

Reactions: sbj
Hi, Would you consider adding a zip code radius function to the filters? Databases are readily available and also sample codes to accomplish?

Hello, @BrianC !

Sure, we have the feature planned, just did not have time to implement it yet. No ETA for now, as we have some other planned features for this as well, but it will be definitely implemented.

Thank you!

Stability fix

This is a stability enhancement fixing PHP errors logged in the Admin Panel in the cases when a bot or a user would intentionally supply filter values which don't exist in the choices of a multiple-choice field. The error would be generated due to the system trying to find the phrase for the option and resulting in "Undefined index..." error.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to...

On the Drop down selection,the first line is blank, is any way that I can add TEXT on the first line.

View attachment 185148

This is not possible for now, unfortunately. The template used in this piece is the one XenForo uses to render list of options when users create a new thread, and the first option is hard-coded to have empty text there. Please let us know if you want a static text in all such cases, or you want a different text for each field (e.g. a field like City would show there "--- All Cities---"). We may be able to come up with some solution.

Thank you!

This is not possible for now, unfortunately. The template used in this piece is the one XenForo uses to render list of options when users create a new thread, and the first option is hard-coded to have empty text there. Please let us know if you want a static text in all such cases, or you want a different text for each field (e.g. a field like City would show there "--- All Cities---"). We may be able to come up with some solution.

Thank you!
It’s can be the same text for all . Thank you

Multiple choice fields search enhancement

The default behavior of the product to search multiple values of the same custom field is to find any items which match to any of the options selected. For example, if a thread is created with the values of a custom field put as "option 1" and "option 2", and another thread is created with the same custom field having a value "option 1" only, then a user filtering the list checking both "option 1" and "option 2" in the form would see both threads in the results. With this update, we detect...

Hello. Can you implement deleting "unexistent" values from filters, when some filter are triggered? Like there: https://community.algolia.com/instantsearch.js/v2/examples/media/

In this case, when clicking on "rating 4" filter, list of other available filters in "Genres" section is reducing, removing values that dont't exist in "4-rated" films.

This will be functionality like "standart" faceted search that ElasticSearch or Apache Solr or other search engines provide for filtered searching.

Sorry for such a little confusing explanations, english is not my native language.

Thank you anyway :)

Top Bottom