Thread Filter by AddonsLab

Thread Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.9.2

No permission to buy ($69.99)
Great addition @AddonsLab!

Our only issue is that (like many other forums) space on the navbar is limited and we don't want to add a navbar icon for a feature only used in specific areas of the site (our classified section). An option to change the default XF filters drop down into a button which triggers the off-canvas menu for mobile would be great.

2018-08-10 08_08_21-filter_view.webp

Our only issue is that (like many other forums) space on the navbar is limited and we don't want to add a navbar icon for a feature only used in specific areas of the site (our classified section). An option to change the default XF filters drop down into a button which triggers the off-canvas menu for mobile would be great.

View attachment 181322

Thank you for the suggestion. The fact the icon is added in all pages is actually a bug, it should appear only forum pages. We will fix it asap. We will also change the option to a selection as where you want to add the button. The changes will be released soon.

Thank you!

Thank you for the suggestion. The fact the icon is added in all pages is actually a bug, it should appear only forum pages. We will fix it asap. We will also change the option to a selection as where you want to add the button. The changes will be released soon.

Thank you!

Fantastic! I was just about to report the error you get when trying to filter threads from forum_list :)

View attachment 181322
I think I would prefer a big huge seperate button under the "tickbox", "mark read" and "watch" buttons.
Where you can toggle it off and on.

And it seems there is a bug with the new version. Once installed, the grid layout changes into a list layout. Grid layout doesn't work anymore.

I think I would prefer a big huge seperate button under the "tickbox", "mark read" and "watch" buttons.
Where you can toggle it off and on.

This is my preference as well. I need to make it as obvious as possible for my members.

This is my preference as well. I need to make it as obvious as possible for my members.
Yeah and preferably it must be on by default by first visit, and they can toggle it off from there. Having it off from the start is not user-friendly.

AddonsLab updated Thread Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: filter icon in mobile view added to all XenForo pages

This is a bug-fix release, which solves the issue of filter icon being shown in all XenForo pages and not only forum view.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

And it seems there is a bug with the new version. Once installed, the grid layout changes into a list layout. Grid layout doesn't work anymore.

I am not sure which grid layout you mean, please clarify.

We will review your suggestions regarding filter button location and implement the enhancements soon.

Thank you!

Stability fix: conversion of field type from single to multiple selection

This is a stability-fix release where we handled a rare case of errors being shown on thread page and during search indexation. The error would happen only if in case you have created a field of single-selection type, created some threads with that field, and then delete the field from admin panel and created another one with identical ID but as multiple-selection type. This case is not supported by XenForo itself and an error would be shown on thread pages "Invalid argument supplied for...

New option - Filter icon location

In this version, we have implemented a new option to control where the filter icon should appear when the off-canvas filter menu is enabled. By default, it will be added above thread list, replacing the default "Filters" link that would open the filter popup with an icon. Clicking the icon the off-canvas menu will open. Another alternative is to add the icon next to the Search and Alerts icon in the user bar.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at...

Reactions: sbj
Hallo,
selecting from a multiple-choice drop down does not work:
View attachment 182446

View attachment 182447

Hello!

We will check the issue and update here soon.

We received your cancellation request as well and just wanted to clarify, that yearly renewal is not automatic, and with the initial purchase you get access to the product with all updates released within one year.

We will update here soon with more details about the issue reported.

Thank you!

Hello @Tealk,

Can you please check if the same thread appear when the list is filtered by another custom field type?

If this is a thread created before you installed the product, the information about custom fields needs to be updated first for them to be searchable. If you did not do so please go to Admin Panel -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches and run the task "Rebuild Thread Fields". If you are using Elastic Search, then you need to Optimize the index from main elastic search configuration page. You should also update search index Rebuild Caches page selecting "Thread Fields" as content type.

Newly created threads/edited threads will be indexed automatically.

Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab after updating to 1.9.3 I'm only seeing the default filter options. I've rebuilt the search index and thread fields without any success. None of the other settings have changed, prefixes are still configured for the same forum sections, etc. The addon is enabled, I can click the filter and the off-canvas menu comes up, etc.

2018-08-27 10_18_22-Window.webp

If this is a thread created before you installed the product, the information about custom fields needs to be updated first for them to be searchable. If you did not do so please go to Admin Panel -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches and run the task "Rebuild Thread Fields".
This fix the bug, thank you verry much.

@AddonsLab after updating to 1.9.3 I'm only seeing the default filter options. I've rebuilt the search index and thread fields without any success. None of the other settings have changed, prefixes are still configured for the same forum sections, etc. The addon is enabled, I can click the filter and the off-canvas menu comes up, etc.

View attachment 182483

Please try to edit and save a custom field and check again. We will try to reproduce the problem and implement a definitive fix.

Thank you!

Top Bottom