Thread Filter by AddonsLab

Thread Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.9.2

No permission to buy ($69.99)
Thank you, the reason is that the demo as some our add-ons applied which using their development version, which are slightly different from published versions and cause "unexpected content" error.
Yeah, it did occur to me that something like that might be the case, I just wasn't sure if it might be causing some problems. Thanks for the reply. (y)

AddonsLab updated Thread Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New option - custom field location in filters form

This version implements a setting for admins to choose where in Filters form to show the custom fields. The possible options are:

Before "Prefixes"
Before "Started By"
Before "Last Updated"
Before "Sort By"
After "Sort By"

We have also fixed a fix for a PHP error introduced in version 1.6.1.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: sbj
Great addon!

I'm new to XF2, so maybe these options are already somewhere.

1) Is it possible to include normal thread prefixes in the filter selection area, not just custom filters?
2) Is it possible to remove "started by" and other default filter options?

Great addon!

I'm new to XF2, so maybe these options are already somewhere.

1) Is it possible to include normal thread prefixes in the filter selection area, not just custom filters?
2) Is it possible to remove "started by" and other default filter options?

Thank you for the feedback!

Prefix filter will automatically become visible when you have prefixes enabled for the current forum.

Started by and other default prefixes can be removed by editing the template "forum_filters" This will not remove the possibility to sort the threads by that criteria but will at least hide the fields from users.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Thanks for the quick reply.

For Prefix filters, they're visible in the thread title area, but I thought it would be better to include all filters options in one area. Currently I have to click a prefix, then from the filter area I have to select the other filters. That's two steps. I thought it might be more user friendly to have everything in the filter selection area.

Thanks for the quick reply.

For Prefix filters, they're visible in the thread title area, but I thought it would be better to include all filters options in one area. Currently I have to click a prefix, then from the filter area I have to select the other filters. That's two steps. I thought it might be more user friendly to have everything in the filter selection area.

The prefixes are actually included in Filters form by default and you can see it at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/node-5.8/

1522262127508.webp

I see, however, there is a bug in our product not showin the prefix in custom filter locations, e.g. when the filter is in the sidebar - https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/filter-in-sidebar.4/

We will check this and release a fix asap.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: prefix selector not shown in the sidebar

This is a bug-fix version solving the issue with prefix selector not being available when the filter is shown in the sidebar.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you...

Reactions: sbj
I see no mention of media gallery data fields. Will this work in XFMG?

Media gallery is a completely separate implementation of custom fields, and this add-on will not work for Media Gallery, just like, for example for Resources or other add-ons using custom field system. An add-on implementing filtering media gallery by custom fields is in active development and will be released on XenForo.com soon.

Thank you!

I see. It may be really hard, however, and require too much hacking of XenForo system. We will try to implement it, but not something I can promise will work for sure.

Thank you!
have you thought about this? It would be also o.k. if the off-canvas menu was on the left side, just like the other XF off-canvas menus. :)

Most people are online with a mobile device these days and the widget solution (especially with the great AJAX functionality) is not the best one in this case.

have you thought about this? It would be also o.k. if the off-canvas menu was on the left side, just like the other XF off-canvas menus. :)

Most people are online with a mobile device these days and the widget solution (especially with the great AJAX functionality) is not the best one in this case.

We didn't have time to work on this yet, but it is something we will definitely consider and with higher priority.

Thank you!

Media gallery is a completely separate implementation of custom fields, and this add-on will not work for Media Gallery, just like, for example for Resources or other add-ons using custom field system. An add-on implementing filtering media gallery by custom fields is in active development and will be released on XenForo.com soon.

Thank you!

Great news, thanks.

Feature suggestion which would be pretty neat I think.

So we can filter in thread list already in the filter area (or if enabled in XF search system).

How about if the filtering would be available in the custom thread field choices?

Like when I am in this thread:
https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/test-thread.170322/

1523470734800.webp

And could click on "Chicago" as if I went to the filter and selected Chicago. Or now click on "200". By this method I can quickly find everything.

Or when I am in the thread list and could click on the values displayed under the titles:
1523470925334.webp

This would be a quick way to find all "Chicago", without going to the filter again, if I am already in a thread with Chicago OR see in the threadlist Chicago.

Of course this is a single field search. If I want to select multiple fields, I just use the "advanced" method by using the filter form. But for single searches it would make everything quicker. And as all searches have their own URLs, I think all Custom Thread Field choices could be "embedded" with those search urls.

I hope I could explain it.

Feature suggestion which would be pretty neat I think.

So we can filter in thread list already in the filter area (or if enabled in XF search system).

How about if the filtering would be available in the custom thread field choices?

Like when I am in this thread:
https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/test-thread.170322/

View attachment 173209

And could click on "Chicago" as if I went to the filter and selected Chicago. Or now click on "200". By this method I can quickly find everything.

Or when I am in the thread list and could click on the values displayed under the titles:
View attachment 173210

This would be a quick way to find all "Chicago", without going to the filter again, if I am already in a thread with Chicago OR see in the threadlist Chicago.

Of course this is a single field search. If I want to select multiple fields, I just use the "advanced" method by using the filter form. But for single searches it would make everything quicker. And as all searches have their own URLs, I think all Custom Thread Field choices could be "embedded" with those search urls.

I hope I could explain it.

Thank you for the suggestions. We have added them to our list to check and implement them when we get some time to continue the development of this add-on. We have already some changes planned, especially the support to filter by thread tags and the implementation of filter menu as a slide-in sidebar in mobile views. We are a bit overloaded these days, but should be able to release some of these enhancements soon.

Thank you!

Bug fix - filter form disappearing with Auto Reload option enabled

This is a bug fix release, that solves the issue with filter form disappearing when Auto Reload is enabled and the form is above thread list.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it...

Optimization for boards with large number of custom field choices

In this release, we have optimized the product for the boards which use custom fields with thousands of possible choices.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you...

Top Bottom