Thread Chapters

Thread Chapters [Paid] 2.1.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
NixFifty submitted a new resource:

Thread Chapters - Break large posts in to digestible chapters, complete with navigation.

This add-on adds a new BB code usable in first posts of threads to allow users to create rich content, separated by definable chapters.

Chapters can be added using the [chapter]Chapter title[/chapter] BB code and that’s all there is to it. Threads containing this markup will then benefit from a table of contents with a list of all chapters in that post in addition to chapter navigation.

A demo of this can...

Read more about this resource...

The first post of a thread is the one that can be broken up with chapters. Each chapter’s content is in the first post so additional replies to the thread would not affect that.

is there any way this can work separating chapters across several posts of the same thread?

hadnt seen this before, made me sit up in my seat for a minute! kind of need it to do that tho to be more user friendly than a standard anchor link bbcode...sometimes you dont exactly want a whole book in a single post, not sure there is anything you can do about that tho...

So...do you have to write out each chapter or can it link to a post within the thread and it simply would show up in the first post of said thread?

Example - my site has a ton of automotive build threads from my members. These threads usually spam 10-20 pages with updates on their car builds periodically. Can, for example, chapter 2 link to post #30 and then that content populates or does the user have to manually retype all that info?

Hopefully that makes sense.

So...do you have to write out each chapter or can it link to a post within the thread and it simply would show up in the first post of said thread?

Example - my site has a ton of automotive build threads from my members. These threads usually spam 10-20 pages with updates on their car builds periodically. Can, for example, chapter 2 link to post #30 and then that content populates or does the user have to manually retype all that info?

Hopefully that makes sense.
basically same thing i was wondering....hes saying this is only for first post tho ;)

Yeah, the chapter content needs to be in the first post.

I haven't really looked in to it but it might be doable to have the chapter content spanned across the thread but I think that might get confusing.

So basically you cant link to posts in a thread and have them show up in the original post with the chapters? Someone would have to recreate it (which isnt a big deal, they can just copy and paste).

You basically to do everything within the first post itself.

Again, apologies if I'm not explaining properly.

What kind of price are you anticipating your yearly renewal to be? Does an annual renewal indicate this BB code will get some kind of ongoing development beyond core update compatibility?

Cool code, by the way. :)

Hi,
Just some presale questions:
- Can this be limited to certain nodes?
- Can this work with Bob's Showcase addon?

Thanks

Top Bottom