Thread Chapters

Thread Chapters [Paid] 2.1.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)
- Can this work with Bob's Showcase addon?
Probably would have to ask Bob if within the content of an item (be it questions, etc.). One thing for sure, however, is since this is for threads, it'll work with any thread associated with an item.

Just purchased...however, I don't see any way to add an editor icon for this. This is a HUGE problem as members that rely on those instead of their memory, will pretty much never use this feature b/c they'll constantly forget. Heck, 65% of them have trouble remembering the IMG tag, 😆

Is there a way to remedy this? The option to add it to the actual BB code is locked out...so...help?

Just purchased...however, I don't see any way to add an editor icon for this. This is a HUGE problem as members that rely on those instead of their memory, will pretty much never use this feature b/c they'll constantly forget. Heck, 65% of them have trouble remembering the IMG tag, 😆

Is there a way to remedy this? The option to add it to the actual BB code is locked out...so...help?
Update to 2.0.6 and then go to Admin -> Content -> BB code button manager. From there, you'll want to place the chapter BB code button on your editor toolbar wherever it makes sense for you to do so.

Well shoot...didnt notice you moved the minimum requirement to 2.1.5. I'm still on an older version.

That's the icon I've gone with but sadly, it isn't in the Font Awesome version that pre-XenForo 2.1.5 uses.

Curses! Ok, no worries. I havent been in a huge rush to upgrade, even though I should. I need to set up a copy of the site and make sure all the most recent updates dont break anything.

Thanks for the great add-on either way.

Once the thread is created, I can't make multiple pages when I want to edit.
Page 2, page3, page4 etc ... always displays the content of page 1

Have you formatted your post like so:

Code:
[chapter]Chapter 1[/chapter]
Contents of chapter 1...

[chapter]Chapter 2[/chapter]
Contents of chapter 2...

Have you formatted your post like so:

Code:
[chapter]Chapter 1[/chapter]
Contents of chapter 1...

[chapter]Chapter 2[/chapter]
Contents of chapter 2...
I don't know what happened but for some reason it works fine.

The first time I tried, the content of page 1 was present on all pages.

Glad to see that the addon is working properly :)

@NixFifty are there any plans to add a way to limit the use of these in the near future?
I'd like to use it to organize stories posted via an article or XF's "resource" system. But block users from abusing it in forum sections & conversation messaging.

I guess this for one post only?

There was a really nice mod for xf1 to have pages, but for every post.
You may are interested in doing another addon with this feature.

A book with 100 chapters will show a toc with 100 chapters on every page?
Can i switch of the toc at all, or show it at 1 page only?
Can i have the page counter at top, at button, both in 1.post, and also at the end of the thread?
What happens after 1 post plus 19 posts from others with the next post (normally on next page?)
Can i have the toc in the sidebar/nav?
Can i toogle the userinfo/use article instead discussion? Article design on every first post per page?
Can i have followed post smaller like comments?
Can i use first post only and a comment addon?
Can i stop others from posting?
Can i set a forum to a story forum (see the original addon from waindingo xf1)
Can i have the toc title as headline, h2?
Can i have the headline h2 as auto toc-title?
Can people share a book, means write the next page, first post?
How the next page is done? By thread-starter with permissions and toc title?
Is it possible to have an open book? Everyone can add a new page with toc-title or a comment on same page?
Can i comment on page x?
How it is stored, as posts one thread amd as comment in a new table?

Back
Top Bottom