Thinking of selling your vB license? Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support experience as in the last support ticket.
It looks like Steve handled it just fine. It's not like he is responsible for IB's actions. He has a family and needs to make a living like everyone else.
In fact, I'd like to see him eventually work here. He's the only support person IB has who is mature enough for the job.

Are we forgetting what paul (brogan) does here?

When you guys speak of companies "running down" the product, what exactly do you mean? I mean vBulletin was a quality product right before it was bought out by Internet Brands. Therefore, I found your comment "stupid." Because if you're saying that before the purchase by iB, vBulletin was suffering from quality, which I disagree with, and is something most people here would disagree with. And you're also basically saying xenForo, Ltd. is running down its product.
I think you read OSS's

comment wrong Carlos. He said -
vBulletin, before being purchase by Internet Brands and being run into the ground (although you may see it differently; everyone has their own opinion), was used by many websites and many large companies used their software, as well as many 'big-boards' forums.

In other words, vB was fantastic - before being purchased by IB and run into the ground.

At least that's what I got from it.

With good looks on his side and a brain to match brogan is your man. :D
lol... oooooooohhhh Shelleyyyyyyy....

what I choose not to forget is that there are 2 other mods here as well, who do a darn good job. They're just not as visible/vocal as Paul is.

lol... oooooooohhhh Shelleyyyyyyy....

what I choose not to forget is that there are 2 other mods here as well, who do a darn good job. There just not as "out there" as Paul is.

If you don't stop there's going to be some "brogan best support" smiley signs being released and he will not like that at all.

Support experience as in the last support ticket.
It looks like Steve handled it just fine. It's not like he is responsible for IB's actions. He has a family and needs to make a living like everyone else.
In fact, I'd like to see him eventually work here. He's the only support person IB has who is mature enough for the job.
Naw, we already have 3 mods who are more than capable of doing this job for XF.

Naw, we already have 3 mods who are more than capable of doing this job for XF.

Btw- you were referring brogan as the 3 mods? as he does do the job of 3 people. Which is what I was agreeing to.

edit: A joke btw.

Btw- you were referring brogan as the 3 mods? as he does do the job of 3 people. Which is what I was agreeing to.

edit: A joke btw.

lol... only because he gets to them before anyone else can - the man is here practically 24/7!

No I was referring to (in case anyone has forgotten them) Lawrence, Dean, and Paul. :)

(I know)

lol... only because he gets to them before anyone else can - the man is here practically 24/7!

No I was referring to (in case anyone has forgotten them) Lawrence, Dean, and Paul. :)

These guys?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(I know)
Well there is also Jake if we are dropping names.

Not at all. I realize the Commando does a lot, but for God's sake, he needs to sleep sometimes.

lol Yes he does.

I'm sure when more support is needed Kier and Mike will weigh up and evaluate their options and begin a selection process.

You actually didn't call my post stupid.
Shut up. Yes I did.
Yes, it seems you misread the post. I clearly said "Before being purchased by IB and run into the ground", which would mean it was the exact opposite of being rundown prior the purchase. Again, I'm not sure how you interpreted my post as it being rundown prior and after it was purchased. :confused:
When you say before AND after being purchased by iB it implies that YOU must have meant that vBulletin was suffering from quality management.

And, how I read it before, it was exactly as I just said. Initially, I thought you were saying that BEFORE iB was purchased, it was suffering quality control. But after reading it again, I realized you were trying to save face and retract what you said; you said before AND after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom