Thinking about coming from Vbulletin

RonS

Hello all,

As the subject says I am considering the switch over from vBulletin to Xenforo. My question is what does Xenforo have to offer that vBulletin doesn't? I have owned a licensed copy of VB for several years and have used hundreds of Free mods and themes from VB and have been quite happy with VB. I have noticed alot of Mods and themes from Xenforo are Paid. So I just want to know what I am getting into purchasing a licensed copy of Xenforo? Also which is the best version to start out with V1 or V2 and if I start with V1 would I have to purchase an update for V2.

Thank you for your help and opinions.

Ron S

An XF license lets you use any previous or future version while you have an active license. After the first year you would have to pay a further $40 for an additional year of support and upgrades if you wanted further upgrades.

We’d recommend starting with version 2 at this point. Any XF1 add-ons and styles will not be compatible with XF2 and XF1 now has a limited life span.

We feel that XF has a brighter future than VB as it is under near constant development and we’re planning some pretty big features in the future.

As for the price of add ons, there are a lot of free add ons. My recommendation is to start looking at which add ons you need and figuring out whether they can be covered by free or paid ones. This will give you an ultimate cost of moving to XF and by that point you will have an idea of whether the investment is worth it.

Hello all,

Thank you all for your comments, more out there? Please post.

Also one thing I am looking for is to have a home page as portal page, without having another type of CMS. I did read a thread here and I think it would work.

I also noticed DBTech is producing Mods for Xenforo as well and have purchased quite a few of their mods for VB and was VERY pleased with his work and support so thats a plus for me as well.

Again thanks for the replies and I am really starting to lean this way LOL. Tired of same ole vb stuff sorta lol.

Hello @ozzy47 , yes I am there and have refreshed the page and this is all I am seeing:
"Your Licenses
You do not currently have any licenses. "

I paid using my debit card via PayPal. as that card wasn't activated on my PayPal Account

Ok I gave in and Purchased it, however it is not showing in my License area but the deduction came from my account.
Assuming you paid with PayPal, we do sometimes experience delays. We have to wait for PayPal to send us notification of the payment. It can sometimes be a few hours, unfortunately, and looking at the time that may mean we might not be able to chase it up until the morning (UK time). If it hasn't turned up in the next few hours, please Contact us with details of the transaction ID and we'll manually create the cart if necessary.

It's worth checking to see what the status of the payment is in PayPal. Is it "Complete"?

Ok I will check back in a few hours. Funny thing is there is No Transactions showing on my PayPal account as I have checked but this is what is showing on my bank which is odd.

Attachments

• paypal-xenforo.webp
    paypal-xenforo.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 24
Sounds like an issue between PayPal and your bank mostly. If there's nothing in PayPal then that's unusual and we certainly wouldn't receive notification of the payment until that happens.

If you wanted to try again, then I've just enabled Stripe debit/credit card payments on your account (which is an opt in alternative to PayPal for some customers who don't have PayPal in their country). You'd just need to re-add the items to your cart and checkout again. You should be able to enter your card details directly, rather than going through PayPal.

That would likely be much quicker to process the payment. And, of course, if the PayPal payment eventually goes through, we'll happily refund one of the payments for you.

Well after toying with Xenforo its definitely different I must say and seems really nice even with a few issues I am having. But I just checked my bank to see if my check was deposited and I noticed my bank was charged $4.20 from XENFORO.COM. ANy idea what this charge is for?

Thanks in advance.

We would only have charged you at the point of sale. So if you have a transaction for the $140 and then an additional transaction for $4.20 then I'm not sure what that second one is.

Best thing to do is contact us via the ticket system in the Customer area with the details and we'll look into it.

Top Bottom