Considering that smf has none of this and no good API to talk with it, I was ready to start breaking the installation of smf and start developing myself all that was needed in my spare time. Suddenly smf 2.1 beta appeared with some of the features I want, but it will take a long time to come out of beta. Then I remembered that maybe this would be a good time for a change to a more professional forum software, and XenForo has a reasonable (albeit expensive) price that we can afford. I have then a few questions that I would like to have an answer:
- Is all the forum written in php?
- When we have a license, are we free to change any of the source code if needed? (obviously making it possible to break updates in some cases)
- Is there any official (or non official, found this) php API to talk with the forum to be used outside of it, making possible the behavior described above? (create threads, remove threads, post, remove posts and edit posts)
- If the answer to the second is yes, and the 3rd no, is what I am asking feasible for a single programmer?
- Is the 250$ branding removal thing just to remove this (Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.) from the bottom of the page?
Thank you for the help and for any answers.
edit: before anyone asks, the page is developed with the CodeIgniter framework, so I don't have any CMS limitation.