There was a problem uploading your file.

onyxchase

Hi. I have just upgraded my server but I am getting this error. "There was a problem uploading your file."

Is there any way of getting more details on the error? I made sure my data and internal_data was set to 777 and ran the file check without any problem. I've enabled debug mode but it still doesn't give me any more information.

No it's a public forum that everybody can see. It's weird because I switched server and it used to work fine on the old server. Anyhow, I switched to the other uploader and it's fine, it's just that the flash looks better. ;)

It does allow me to select a file and to click on Upload, but then it gives me an error.

My forum has this error also and disable the Flash Uploader can fix it.
Maybe it is a bug of XF.

For onyxchase, mod_security was responsible for the error. This is not uncommon. Some web hosts are too restrictive about their server rules which can interfere with legitimate requests, not unlike a spam filter that catches legit emails.

Check your logs on the server. And contact your host to have them check the mod_security rules.

For onyxchase, mod_security was responsible for the error. This is not uncommon. Some web hosts are too restrictive about their server rules which can interfere with legitimate requests, not unlike a spam filter that catches legit emails.

Check your logs on the server. And contact your host to have them check the mod_security rules.

Ok and Thanks.

I am using VPS so will check it myself...

I have this same issue on my VPS, seeing as apache2/error.log gave me the following line of text, I'm sure I can fix this in a sec :)
Code:
[Fri Jun 22 13:19:02 2012] [error] PHP Warning:  POST Content-Length of 13071976 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0

I have this same issue on my VPS, seeing as apache2/error.log gave me the following line of text, I'm sure I can fix this in a sec :)
Code:
[Fri Jun 22 13:19:02 2012] [error] PHP Warning:  POST Content-Length of 13071976 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0

Try adding these lines to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('post_max_size', '16M');
ini_set('upload_max_filesize', '16M');

If that doesn't work then you may have to increase these settings in the php.ini file on the server.

Didn't want to start a new thread about this as there's quite a few going around.

I've set everything in php.ini to 125M and execution time is 960
I'm trying to upload a 1.15MB .rar file and it fails at 30% every time.

Is it something browser side because others can upload and it randomly worked once today but been trying again and it's failing still.

DaM4

EDIT: Works fine on Firefox (latest)

Try adding these lines to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('post_max_size', '16M');
ini_set('upload_max_filesize', '16M');

If that doesn't work then you may have to increase these settings in the php.ini file on the server.
I'm afraid my server administrator already fixed this by sorting the configuration memory usage values (Which had not been defined in the files), to be fixed for apache or w/e module was using them. Only If I had known the above before, thanks a lot.

One of my users also reported that since recently he is unable to attach images to a post.
In IE it works, in Firefox it doesn't.

What could be the problem?

Thanks!

Top Bottom