XF 1.3 There are templates that may be outdated. Click here to review them.

JackieChun

Hey guys, I am getting this message after upgrading to 1.3. Can anyone explain in plain English what exactly XenForo is complaining about?

Outdated Templates
  • UI.X
    1. Merge Changes
      PAGE_CONTAINER Last edited: Mar 4, 2014, Parent last edited: 7 minutes ago
    2. Merge Changes
      footer Last edited: Apr 29, 2014, Parent last edited: 7 minutes ago
    3. Merge Changes
      helper_login_form Last edited: Jan 21, 2014, Parent last edited: 7 minutes ago
    4. Merge Changes
      member_view Last edited: Jan 21, 2014, Parent last edited: 7 minutes ago
    5. Merge Changes
      message Last edited: Jan 21, 2014, Parent last edited: 7 minutes ago
    6. Merge Changes
      navigation_visitor_tab Last edited: Jan 21, 2014, Parent last edited: 7 minutes ago
    7. Merge Changes
      quick_reply Last edited: Jan 21, 2014, Parent last edited: 7 minutes ago
Showing 7 of 7 items

The upgrade should have only affected the default style, right? So why does XenForo care about a third-party style?

The forum seems to be functioning normally. There might be a 1.3 version of this style, but due to the time it took to customize the last version, I am going to hold off with upgrading the style for a week or two.

OK. But do you know generally why an upgrade to XenForo would be in conflict with a third-party style? I'm just confused because XenForo 1.3 upgrade files did not contain any third-party style updates (obviously).

I'm just confused because XenForo 1.3 upgrade files did not contain any third-party style updates (obviously).
That's exactly what it's telling you. You have a style that's based on an older version than it's parent (the master style likely). You can attempt to merge the changes in to bring your custom version up to date.

See the "Maintaining Template Edits Through Upgrades" section:
http://xenforo.com/help/styling/

@Mike Ah, I didn't realize third-party styles used the default style as a parent. So in the present unmerged state, is my forum still using 1.2 version templates of the Default style? Or is it using 1.3. default templates in combination with older child templates?

All styles inherit from the master. You can't edit that directly.

Customizations "cover" the parent/master version. Any non-customized templates will be pulled from the parent/master. Customized templates will completely ignore the current version of the parent/master.

Top Bottom