Theme feedback

Caelum

So, I've been toying around with some specific CSS3 features in the form of a theme for my website, and while it's been an education, I'm not too sure about the way the actual thing turned out. It's fancy and all that, but I'm considering just redoing it from scratch with a far more minimalist approach. :p
So, what better place to get feedback huh?

http://cael.co.cc - Relentless thoughts on the looks? To keep or to trash? :p

Glad yas like it :)

I find the background makes the text appear tilted, though. Maybe it is just me
Not just you. I find myself tilting my head to the left.
Oooh, I've never actually noticed that myself

Looks good. I would fade the background out more behind the text though.
Yeah, been thinking the same - think I'll mess around with it. Give me a chance to do it with (semi-transparent) RGB background colour instead of a semi-transparent image while I'm at it.

I think the links are a little overkill. The black text also blends in with the background a little too much.
I actually think the links are kinda neat myself, help direct attention to the actual text (instead of background) too. My main gripe is IE (including IE9) not supporting it, but hey, what else is new.
Anyone else like/dislike the links?
As for the black text, yeah, having trouble making the text stand out enough in general. The changing the transparency/RGB might help though, not sure yet.

Alright, made the background slightly less transparent - this better, or still want it less transparent?

Also, here's one for you other devs/designers, courtesy of how IE won't display my site the way I want it to...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are your links supposed to look like this? I'm using Chrome by the way.

caelum.webp

Regardless, I find the whole page a little difficult to read and the colour of the links up top is a bit too... bold - doesn't seem to sit right with the rest of the design.

That's new :confused:
It's supposed to look like that, except the main (blue-button-y) navigation links are supposed to be in a horizontal line, not vertical. Using Chrome here too - ctrl f5 fix it for you?

Regardless, I find the whole page a little difficult to read and the colour of the links up top is a bit too... bold - doesn't seem to sit right with the rest of the design
Hm, might toy around with font style somehow, or, if nothing else, make the semi-transparent part even less transparent. Stay tuned :p
As for the colour of the links up top, do y'mean the button background or the font colour/glow?

Are your links supposed to look like this? I'm using Chrome by the way.

View attachment 2224

Regardless, I find the whole page a little difficult to read and the colour of the links up top is a bit too... bold - doesn't seem to sit right with the rest of the design.
hover the blue bits, then it pops into a horizontal menu.

Nah, its just choice of design, its blah. No offense.

The only thing good about it is the transparency, oh and the blue buttons! :)

That is...extremely awkward. Just managed to reproduce it in Chrome in incognito mode - it's either a Chrome incognito bug or something specific Chrome only does incognito. I'll try and fix it, and if not me, Google will eventually (I hope) :p
Either way, thanks for the vid, perfect :)

That's new :confused:
It's supposed to look like that, except the main (blue-button-y) navigation links are supposed to be in a horizontal line, not vertical. Using Chrome here too - ctrl f5 fix it for you?

Hm, might toy around with font style somehow, or, if nothing else, make the semi-transparent part even less transparent. Stay tuned :p
As for the colour of the links up top, do y'mean the button background or the font colour/glow?

Both. The background doesn't seem to fit the rest of the design and the glow around the font a find a little overkill. All my personal opinion though. I'm choosy.

I would also change your background, maybe to something a little less ... overpowering. :)

Top Bottom