the xenForo mobile app created by xenForo, when ?

wal94

Hi ! i plan to purchase a forum software,
i appreciate xenforo but vbulletin has a native mobile app created by vbulletin with licence for life,
so i really hesitate.. :rolleyes::unsure::cry:

thank you to give satisfying information about the title question..

The feedback I've received is that users liked the convenience of Tapatalk and don't like using a browser to access my forum on a mobile phone. So the shortcut idea is a good one, but it's still using the browsers. Personally I access my forum with my iPhone and Safari and have no problem with it, but others don't like it. Tapatalk spoiled them, and I had nothing but difficulties getting support from Tapatalk when I needed it, and really don't want to go that route again.
Yes it uses a browser but that is transparent to the user. For the user, it's just like clicking on an app: it opens and you don't even see a browser, just the forum.

Many of my members commend me on how good my Xenforo looks on mobile.
I to want to stay away from FB groups
The trick is to let younger members (say under 40's) know what a forum (community) is
And some of the advantages compared to FB groups or Blogs
Eg more structured

Hello,

I just want to raise my voice for an XF App again. In times of coronavirus millions of people lose their job. With this as a result they do not use anymore their office email addresses. As far as I can see on my Forums the users use in most cases the office email address to register with the forums.

So these email addresses will be invalid more and more every week. And we will have no possibility to contact them anymore via email.

If we would have an XF app, we would have still a possibility to contact them and get them involved in the forum.

By not having an app for XF, we are risking long-term especially in these hard times this year to lose a significant amount of users in all forums.

If they started development now, they probably would be done after the pandemic ends, so that's a somewhat futile argument.

With this kind of argument, you will never start something.

We all know, that XF is already very late. But shall we repeat because of that a mistake also in the future?

The same people who argue now that an XF App is not urgently necessary will switch later to IPS because of their App.

Forget what people say in forums. Watch where the money goes. And do not miss opportunities to survive as a company in the future.

With this kind of argument, you will never start something

Obviously. After all it's the argument that saves me from throwing all my money on a decision that's made based on a current circumstance that won't come into effect long after the circumstance vanished and would require another one to happen to fully unfold it's effect, which is a chance, at best. It's a very critical investment argument.

Watch where the money goes. And do not miss opportunities to survive as a company in the future.
The money will go away from apps pretty fast now that Google is starting to push for PWA. Websites and Browsers already have everything that an app does short of Apple not getting their asses up to offer browser push.

Another sidenote:

I do not know how many forums you have. I have currently 15 XF forums. So I am heavily invested in XF.

But at the moment, I only buy second hand licences for future projects, because the risk for me is high that I am forced to switch to IPS one day, if XF continues to sleep as they did for years with RM, MG and the XF App.

I can not risk my own business with "loyality". So please stop to play this down, when at the same time everyone switches later on to the competition because of these issues. You lead the XF team in the wrong direction because you give a wrong impression.

The money will go away from apps pretty fast now that Google is starting to push for PWA.

I don't agree with that. Unless Apple eventually opens up push for PWAs, which doesn't seem likely, then they're dead in the water for something like a community.

The reason Google is pushing for replacing some Android apps for Chromebooks with PWAs is because they're completely killing off Chrome Apps

Native apps will still be king for many years to come if you want the most capable mobile experience.

After all it's the argument that saves me from throwing all my money on a decision that's made based on a current circumstance that won't come into effect long after the circumstance vanished

you really do not get the point. Corona is only a catalyst. The problem stays the same. With or without corona.

This was the reply from a staff member about a app.

But that was over 2 years ago, we can only hope thats changing

If the XF team did develop a native app it has to be worth while to them, if you look at the current lineup and pricing strategy i see a native app sat well above RM & MG and expect a price to reflect that, i for one would have no issues paying for it and would expect the price to be close to if not the same as XF software and i imagine would cover it costs very quickly

Thanks for the heads up!

I was not aware that this is the pre-sales forum. Did not check the URL while posting. I guess most of the posters here did not check that neither.

Would it not be better if a moderator would move this whole thread into the suggestion forum? Or merge it with the appropriate thread within the suggestion forum?

But that was over 2 years ago, we can only hope thats changing

I hope so. If not, I do not understand what their vision is about their own future in 3 years from now.

The facts are: No progress with Resource Manager for years, no progress with Media Gallery for years, nor real progress with XF core for almost 2 years and no App on the horizont.

Quo vadis Xenforo?

Just having a skim through this (in the suggestions forum)

I do not know how many forums you have. I have currently 15 XF forums. So I am heavily invested in XF.
About 80, approx. 1/4 of them are Xenforo - the others are vBulletin 4 (mainly), WoltLab and phpBB.

A customizable App would be nice to have, but definitly not too important as guests usually do not use apps anyway.

Top Bottom