The Ladies' Lounge

No idea Jo, we are just on shared hosting with HostGator, not sure how responsive they are to "it's slow" kind of complaints, will ask them if there is anything they can do though :)

we have a dedicated server (which we share with another organisation), but I think if it's a problem that's been happening for a while, there's no problem contacting them about it and seeing if there's anything they can do. Pair (who we have our server with) is pretty good at responding, even to these kind of complaints. :)

Yeah, but I think shared hosting is a fundamentally different kind of beast. It's like riding the city bus vs. chartering a bus. On the city bus, you get little choice in how many other people get on, or if you have to end up sitting next to the obnoxious guy who takes up more than his share of space. And usually air. On a chartered bus, if you get too hot, they'll turn on the air conditioning for you, and the number of other riders is limited by you and by the specs of the bus. Not how many people they can manage to jam in there.

Okay, ladies, it's been ONE month to the day since my surgery. I have some updates. I've done VERY well. I see my surgeon's office tomorrow for my checkup but I did some measurements today on my own.

I had measured myself all over pre-op and I had my weight.

Here is the breakdown:
Signing into the surgeon, I weighed 203.
Day of surgery: 199
Today: 176.8
Amount of loss so far:
Pre-surgery/4lbs
Post surgery/22.2lbs
Total/26.2 lbs.

I have lost a total of 23 &5/16 inches all over.

Liz

Hey Liz,

That is awesome hun :D Well done!!!

You must be thrilled with the progress so far, how much did you plan on losing? What happens when you reach your goal weight?

WTG!!!

:D

Hey Liz,

That is awesome hun :D Well done!!!

You must be thrilled with the progress so far, how much did you plan on losing? What happens when you reach your goal weight?

WTG!!!

:D
Yes, I am trilled with what I have done so far, and I know this will be my best month. After this it will slow down some. I am aiming for 120-130 which will put me at a normal BMI for my height. At that point I eat to maintain my weight. Like a normal person would. :)

Liz

Excellent! :D

do you have to have any extra surgery to "adjust" or anything once you're at your goal?

How has it been in terms of difficulty or pain or anything?
Actually, yes, I probably will as a result of a partial hysterectomy many years ago plus the weight loss. But I have to be at goal for a year first. It's similar to a tummy tuck but it's considered reconstruction surgery. It's actually called a pannectomy.

Pain? Well, except for the first couple of days and the week of gas from the stuff they pump you full of, it's been easy. The hard part has been trying to get all my vitamins in every day because I get so full so fast.

Liz

Hey Liz, how are you doing? I've been thinking about you. :)
I'm doing great. Got more energy than I ever have. I'm down below 170 which is smaller than I've been since my mid 30's and I'm 56 now. My husband has never seen me this small. As soon as payday gets here, we go to Goodwill (the local thrift store) so I can get some "new" clothes. I'm not buying really NEW clothes until I'm thru losing as I don't want to just wear them for a few weeks and then get rid of them.
How are you doing?

Liz

I'm doing great. Got more energy than I ever have. I'm down below 170 which is smaller than I've been since my mid 30's and I'm 56 now. My husband has never seen me this small. As soon as payday gets here, we go to Goodwill (the local thrift store) so I can get some "new" clothes. I'm not buying really NEW clothes until I'm thru losing as I don't want to just wear them for a few weeks and then get rid of them.
How are you doing?

Liz

That's awesome!!!! :) I'm so happy for you! Having more energy has got to be a good thing too. :)

I'm doing okay thanks. Gradually getting better thank goodness, though I don't seem to have got the hang of NOT overdoing it yet haha!

Coming up for air....

Spent all week either working on my new site/forum (really late at night or first thing in the morning) and in between I spent the time pulling wallpaper off the wall in the kitchen, then moved to the bathroom that's right next to it. Still not done with it. Had to remove all the molding as well and it's old as the hills...okay not that old but the house was built in the early 80's and I don't want to have to cut more molding. Esp since all this is wood and most in good shape. I broke a piece or two but the bathroom has the same molding and some of that has to be replaced so we are using the rest of it to replace what broke of the kitchen and just completely replacing the bathroom molding.

Next, I have to patch, or replace parts of the drywall. Some of it needs patching, but there are three spots needing replacing. One big one is just bad, but two have mold on them. Then it's sand and paint (I got the good paint with primer in it already). Then I am putting up a tile backsplash using SimpleMat and we are re tiling the bathroom floor (that has to use mastic to put down, can't use the SimpleMat on it, :( ) That's it for this month. Budget is broke until next month. Next month we re-do the countertops and cabinets (found a really neat product from Rustoleum to do that with, esp since we won't be here more than 3 more years) and the month after that, we re-do the floors. Actually *I* do most of this, it's all mine except for stuff I simply can not do by myself.

On the weight front, I finally hit a stall...I think my body yelled "what in the heck did you do to me and I am sitting at this weight til *I* figure it out!!!! And nothing you can do to make me move on that scale you keep weighing on every morning"!!! LOL Stalls happen, usually at 3 weeks, I got lucky and went to 7 weeks before mine had a fit. It will move again...I just need to be patient.

How is everyone else?

Good, good, good. Kids are good. Parents are good. House is good. Site is good. Well, site could use to be updated. Really ready to get moving on this XF migration!

Been doing some good cooking lately, and happy to see the garden growing. The kids were out in the sprinkler yesterday and riding their bikes today. Spring is here!

Glad to hear you're doing well, Liz. How's hubs?

How's everyone else?

Site is good. Well, site could use to be updated. Really ready to get moving on this XF migration!

Spring is here!

Glad to hear you're doing well, Liz. How's hubs?
Hubs is doing great, he broke into what we "weight loss surgery" patients call "onederland. Any weight that starts with a 1 in front of it. He's lost another 7 inches this past month. He's down a total of 67 lbs. Off ALL his blood pressure meds completely.

I know you've got a thread running around here somewhere about what y'all need to get your site migrated over. Point me to it...I know a coder who may be able to help, depending on what you need.

Yes, I know Spring is here. Everything is in bloom here and my allergies are in full swing. :) Tomorrow (actually in about 15 mins) is the first day of Spring and would have been my Mother's 85th birthday.

Wow you've been busy Liz! :) The hitting a stall in the weight department must be frustrating, but I'm glad you've managed to make it to 7 weeks - you've been doing so well!

I've been busy preparing for Purim... lots of baking and food preparation been going on here. (Heading over to Dragonfly's thread in a min. ;)) I've been having to only do a bit at a time because I get ridiculously exhausted doing the smallest thing (can't wait to be back to my old self!!). Had a fun afternoon/evening with friends celebrating and watching the kids act out the story of Esther. :) Very cute!

Hi Girls!

Glad to hear you are all doing so great! Wow Liz, damn awesome girl! Sorry to hear about the plateau, but you will get by it :) Wonderful to hear you both now have the energy to do some renovating of your house :D how exciting!!! WE do need pics though!

Good Stuff Susan, sounds like life is very sweet right now :D Enjoy your lovely Spring and the fun with the kids!

Jo, I hope you are continuing on the path to full health hun :) Glad to hear you have been having fun and baking up a storm! Your Purim Feast looked very yummy!

Life has been pretty crap around here lately tbh, my son is very ill, with a seriously injured arm which has required multiple hospital visits (and the accompanying useless 5-9 hour waits!!!) and he has a filthy Cold or Flu as well which is right on his Chest, poor kid! It is really hard as he is not eating much, and he has been experiencing a lot of mood swings lately, which has been very draining (if understandable).

I have also been feeling very down about all the disasters and calamities and turmoil this year, starting with the Floods in QLD, Cyclones, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Middle East... My son's best friend's Mother died very suddenly a few weeks ago too... which has been hard to process for him, and for us... My Father has to go in for Open Heart surgery in a few weeks, he needs an Aortic Valve replacement - it's all a bit overwhelming tbh.

Life has been pretty crap around here lately tbh, my son is very ill, with a seriously injured arm which has required multiple hospital visits (and the accompanying useless 5-9 hour waits!!!) and he has a filthy Cold or Flu as well which is right on his Chest, poor kid! It is really hard as he is not eating much, and he has been experiencing a lot of mood swings lately, which has been very draining (if understandable).

My son's best friend's Mother died very suddenly a few weeks ago too... which has been hard to process for him, and for us... My Father has to go in for Open Heart surgery in a few weeks, he needs an Aortic Valve replacement - it's all a bit overwhelming tbh.
Prayers going out to you and your father for his upcoming surgery. Let us know how he does, please.

And I'm sorry your son's best friend lost his Mother, I know how hard it is to lose your Mother. It hurts regardless of age. Mine has been gone since 2002, and it still hurts. Her birthday was yesterday, had she still been alive, she would have been 85. It will take time but some day he will be okay, the hurt will never go away but it will recede.

As to your son, wow, I hope he gets well soon. Draining for you and him. I hope his arm heals okay.

Liz

Top Bottom