LadiesIn.Biz - Business Women Forum

Dojo sorry comments were not sweetness. My point on pink was just to caution you to beware of it because it's risky. It offends as many as it pleases. It's not that you have used too much but more would I think be too much.

On the adverts I'm really pleased you are going to get rid of those enormous and unexplained buttons :( At least that is what I understood.

I think what is left for me is that it kind of feels cute and ditsy. Very nice if I was sharing recipes and gossip ; or stuff about my cats or clothes. That is - "wife and mother." It doesn't speak to me as a businesswoman.
Not all businesswomen wear cute little suits like the cartoon for example. A taxi driver or gardener wouldn't, nor a childminder or carpenter. Those of us who work online the less said on appearances the better! That picture instantly makes me feel like if I'm not a secretary or accountant this is not for me.
As I said before there is a great and unmet need for women to be taken seriously, as workers not just cute second runners. I understand that the gap here in the UK between male and female breadwinners is now only 10% - but images of women everywhere do not reflect the reality of our lives.
I think a lot of women will make the usual effort to ignore the cute stuff and go for the content which DOES look good :) But it would be so nice not to have to make that effort to ignore the outdated stereotype.
How about a more head and shoulders image - the part that carries our brainpower? A variety - and not just young either as women's achievement peak in life is up to 10 -15 years later than the male trajectory. We get held back by mothering. so many female startups are older.
Though the stats also show how we are proportionately far less likely to fail because we are a lot more careful and cautious at the start :) :) :)

Top Bottom