The Ladies' Lounge

Reporting in....

Boy, am I glad to be out of there, too regimented. They were insisting I drink out of these 1 oz medicine cups which would not be an issue except I have Essential Tremors (same disease Kathern Hepburn had) and as you age it gets worse. I can't hold one of those cups still to save my neck. Was spilling most of it on me. So I blindsided the nursing staff and talked to Dr. B and mentioned there needed to be exceptions to rules, and I was one of those. He agreed and gave me permission to use one of the 8 oz bottles instead as long as I finished 1 every hour.

They also didn't want you napping at all, even if you had been up all night. I mentioned about sleep being restorative to the body and they had no answer for that one. Just kept insisting on the 2 oz every 15 min.

I'll get my liquids in at home, but I know my body also needs sleep to heal.

Nice part, I lost 5.8 lbs in 2 days

Liz

I'm glad it went well Liz! Sorry about the difficulties with drinking out of those little cups - though glad you managed to get an exception to the rule for that. What's with the no napping rule? lol. I think sleep is so important for getting better too - I hope you get some good sleep now you're home!

And that's so awesome you've lost that much already! :D

I'm glad it went well Liz! Sorry about the difficulties with drinking out of those little cups - though glad you managed to get an exception to the rule for that. What's with the no napping rule? lol. I think sleep is so important for getting better too - I hope you get some good sleep now you're home!

And that's so awesome you've lost that much already! :D
I thought sleep was important too!!! LOL Apparently, they didn't. But as long as I stay hydrated, I'm fine. And I've dropped another 2 lbs. Altho I can't see it yet cause my tummy is still so swollen from the surgery. Once that goes down from the gas they pumped in and from the abuse it's been thru, I should start really noticing a difference.

How are you doing?

Liz

I thought sleep was important too!!! LOL Apparently, they didn't. But as long as I stay hydrated, I'm fine. And I've dropped another 2 lbs. Altho I can't see it yet cause my tummy is still so swollen from the surgery. Once that goes down from the gas they pumped in and from the abuse it's been thru, I should start really noticing a difference.

How are you doing?

Liz

Make sure you stay hydrated then! :) And at least you can get some sleep now you're home - are you in much pain?

I'm about the same, though I think I might just be beginning to feel a bit better, I hope! Thanks for asking. :) Not sleeping very well though, and that's not so good when I really need sleep atm.

Make sure you stay hydrated then! :) And at least you can get some sleep now you're home - are you in much pain?

I'm about the same, though I think I might just be beginning to feel a bit better, I hope! Thanks for asking. :) Not sleeping very well though, and that's not so good when I really need sleep atm.
I would say no, but I'd be lying, lol. Actually, I don't hurt too badly, unless I've stayed in one place for too long or been too active, yeah...hard to get a happy medium. Or if I cough. Coughing just HURTS! But it also helps clear my lungs so it's something I need to do.

Well, you need sleep too. Hard to get/be well when you aren't sleeping. I'm glad you're feeling better tho. Keep heading that direction.

I would say no, but I'd be lying, lol. Actually, I don't hurt too badly, unless I've stayed in one place for too long or been too active, yeah...hard to get a happy medium. Or if I cough. Coughing just HURTS! But it also helps clear my lungs so it's something I need to do.

Well, you need sleep too. Hard to get/be well when you aren't sleeping. I'm glad you're feeling better tho. Keep heading that direction.

ouch! I hope you start feeling better soon! Hopefully once the swelling goes down from the surgery the pain will get better too! sending hugs!

thanks. :) Yeah, tell my brain that - it won't shut off lol. I've always been an insomniac but it's particularly bad right now. I need to figure out how to switch my head off ha!

Queen of Blades - looks like it got quiet here! Welcome!

Elizabeth - hope you're doing well.

How's everyone else? We're getting back in to xf after a few months break.
biggrin.png
Who's got something to show off? I'm curious to see more sites (even work in progress sites!) that people have going. :D

Susan

Thanks! We've been taking a serious look at all the options out there for our site. Given that it's our bread and butter, we can't afford to make mistakes with choosing a new platform. Still not totally decided, but it's looking more and more like xenforo will be the platform. Just have to see how the rest of the package shakes out! And when... sigh.

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans and/or Valentine's Day plans? We have a good friend coming to stay over Saturday night whenst we'll do fondue. :) Monday is a meeting with the accountant - bleh! Tuesday is when we'll actually have a 'date' for V-day. How about you all?

Susan

Hello. New here.
Queen of Blades, welcome, sorry I dropped off the planet like that. I went into healing mode for a week.
Anyone have any exciting weekend plans and/or Valentine's Day plans? We have a good friend coming to stay over Saturday night whenst we'll do fondue. :) Monday is a meeting with the accountant - bleh! Tuesday is when we'll actually have a 'date' for V-day. How about you all?

Susan, nothing much going on here. I'm still in recovery mode altho getting better. Saw my surgeon's nurse for a two week follow up. I am not their most compliant patient as I tend to follow my own path and listen to my body. But what I do will pay off in the end. I'm down 15 lbs in a little over 2 weeks and still off my insulin pump. In fact, I gave my insulin pump supplies to the diabetes center here in town so they could help out someone who needs them more than I do.

And I am just going slow, healing...not pushing things.

Liz

Congrats, Liz! I've never had surgery except for 2 c-sections within 14 months of each other, so I can't imagine what you're going through, but I'm sure the reward will be worth it in the end. Just getting off the insulin pump is a big step forward. Take care of yourself!

Congrats, Liz! I've never had surgery except for 2 c-sections within 14 months of each other, so I can't imagine what you're going through, but I'm sure the reward will be worth it in the end. Just getting off the insulin pump is a big step forward. Take care of yourself!
Thanks, Susan.

Anyone who has had major surgery (and a c-section counts) can understand how I have felt these last two weeks. At first it's the Mack Truck that's run over you, then the pickup takes over, and later on, it's just a motorbike. I'm down to the motorbike stage. LOL

Liz

Hello. New here.

Hi Queen of Blades - sorry I missed your post! Welcome! :)

Susan

Ugh, I hate valentines day lol.

And I am just going slow, healing...not pushing things.

Liz

It sounds like you're doing well and being sensible Liz! :) I hope you continue to heal and improve. That's awesome too that you haven't needed the insulin pump! :)

Doing ok here! Off soon to enjoy a day with hubs sans kids. They're going to their Grandma's house for an overnight so we get some time to ourselves. Sushi for dinner! :D mmmm...

We're really enjoying playing with our XF test install. So extensible it's really mind-boggling.

Doing ok here! Off soon to enjoy a day with hubs sans kids. They're going to their Grandma's house for an overnight so we get some time to ourselves. Sushi for dinner! :D mmmm...

We're really enjoying playing with our XF test install. So extensible it's really mind-boggling.

woo hooo for kid free nights! :D You too have fun now, and no making #3, coz that just defeats the purpose of a kid free night :p

Glad you are enjoying it, and isn't it just! Wowsers I have been playing with it now for 6 months, and I feel like I know nothing still :p But it is wonderful, loving it more and more each day!

Oh, Lord no - we had everything tied up when the second came out. Never let the children outnumber the adults - that's our guiding philosophy. They're 8 & 9 now and we'd have to move if we had another so that's just not happenin'!

Oh, Lord no - we had everything tied up when the second came out. Never let the children outnumber the adults - that's our guiding philosophy. They're 8 & 9 now and we'd have to move if we had another so that's just not happenin'!

LOL very sensible!! :D

I was thinking of you the other day, we are in the process of renovating our Bathroom/Laundry, and it put me in mind of your kitchen :D How is that going? Last I heard it was all in place but you still had to paint the walls and tile etc... that done now?

Kid free is fun, been kid free for years now as both of ours are grown and married. LOL

Still working on my new project, ran into a glitch that was supposedly fixed between RC1 and RC2. Not sure what is going on. May need to do a fresh install to see if that will fix it.

And I weighed this morning, I'm down another 3 lbs from Sunday. In the last three weeks my BMI has gone from a 35.2 to a 31.7 :) :) :)

Liz

Top Bottom