The "I promise to buy a license, guaranteed" Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Floris

Yeah .. I had to go there

This thread is for those who hereby promise - regardless of pricing - that they will invest in a license within 3 months of it being released.

It's that simple. A guaranteed purchase, for whatever your motivation might be; because you want to convert away from product_x, or to support Kier/Mike, or because you want to just play with it.

Personally I do not care if you think 'I can not promise that, I need to know the price first', etc. It just means you can't make the promise. That's fine. We all differ.

Getting one for free does not count, obviously. I am talking about a solid investment.

I know a lot of people might get one, based on pricing, maybe will invest, if they can get it cheaper, or if they can get it for free, they might use it. But this thread is for those, like me, who already are convinced they will at least invest into one license, paying in full, and are willing to promise that :)

Yeah .. I had to go there

This thread is for those who hereby promise - regardless of pricing - that they will invest in a license within 3 months of it being released.

It's that simple. A guaranteed purchase, for whatever your motivation might be; because you want to convert away from product_x, or to support Kier/Mike, or because you want to just play with it.

Personally I do not care if you think 'I can not promise that, I need to know the price first', etc. It just means you can't make the promise. That's fine. We all differ.

Getting one for free does not count, obviously. I am talking about a solid investment.

I know a lot of people might get one, based on pricing, maybe will invest, if they can get it cheaper, or if they can get it for free, they might use it. But this thread is for those, like me, who already are convinced they will at least invest into one license, paying in full, and are willing to promise that :)
I'll be getting at least one license to start, possibly more later on.

Support Chinese-language search, will buy. ;)
Doesn't count. What is here available right now, is what should convince you. If you can't make the promise - a guarantee - that you will buy it, it doesn't count. Please reconsider.

Ah. If the Chinese search no problem, I will buy it, sure.
You do not get what I say, there is no option here for a condition. It is what it is now, with or without future implementations, you promise to buy a license in full, guaranteed. If Chinese search isn't in, you obviously don't want to buy it: So you can't promise it.

Yeah sure, I'll be getting a licence :)
I'll be getting at least one license to start, possibly more later on.
I will definitely get a license as soon as it's available (or close to it as possible).

Is there a money-back guarantee on this promise? :p
I will definitely be investing in this fine piece of software. :)
Count me in!

Noted: You guys and girls are the first 5 that responded :)

Floris, I don't understand the use of this thread. In fact, I find it offending the part: Personally I do not care... It sounds like: If you are not into buying, go away from this thread, I'm not interested to read your opinion.

IMO, a proper way to do it is create a poll and even then, the results will be way erroneous, for a product that is not even released and has no specs produced to compare with other software. Personally, I think you are trying to hard to impress Kier and Mike.

Don't get me wrong, I support Kier & Mike and I'm one of the few people who knows how difficult it was for those guys to work with no salary for one year, while paying the bills like everyone else. Still, those type of threads are just gasoline for the flame mouths out there.

I don't see anything wrong with this thread really...

Polls would be 'who is buying this thread, discuss', whereas this is who is promising to buy a license guaranteed. Its more of showing support for the project, and to hopefully show appreciation to the work that Mike, Kier, and Ashley have done in getting it to where it is currently at.

Offending, you must be kidding me. It's my thread, I don't like polls, if you don't like it, and can't participate in it: Don't. You have insulted me on a personal level with your comment that you imply I am only make this thread to try and impress Mike and Kier. I was hoping you would know me better by now. Feel free to apologize for your comment, if you don't want to do that, don't bother talking to me again. Since this thread is in the off topic forum, and specifically says : Only for those who, with a certainty, can promise now already to buy a license .. I will write you down as a 'no'.

What a low blow TECK.

Floris, I don't understand the use of this thread. In fact, I find it offending the part: Personally I do not care... It sounds like: If you are not into buying, go away from this thread, I'm not interested to read your opinion.

IMO, a proper way to do it is create a poll and even then, the results will be way erroneous, for a product that is not even released and has no specs produced to compare with other software. Personally, I think you are trying to hard to impress Kier and Mike.

Don't get me wrong, I support Kier & Mike and I'm one of the few people who knows how difficult it was for those guys to work with no salary for one year, while paying the bills like everyone else. Still, those type of threads are just gasoline for the flame mouths out there.

I see no reason why Floris would want to impress anyone over here. You know as well as I that he is a very well known member in the vBulletin community and I am sure knows Mike and Kier far more than many of user here as he worked for Jelsoft for a while.

I think he is simply seeking an idea on how high interest it for personal interests, nothing more :).

So are we allowed to post even if we don't promise or will we just get the short treatment too? :)

Although I'm loving what I've seen it comes to what works for my community. I'm not the best of coders so off the bat release if it doesn't have the features that I need for my community then I'll have to look for a freelancer to code additional things. That is what scares me in the end... I'm sure that eventually this software will catch up to the needs of my community but as of right now it's not there from what we've seen.

HOWEVER that's what we're all here for, bugs and suggestions :), not really to make promises on software we hopefully haven't even seen %70 of the features.

And technically Off-topic states non-XenForo related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom