1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "I promise to buy a license, guaranteed IF..." Thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Russ, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

So a thread has gone sour and doesn't really gear towards though who of course aren't completely sold on buying the product right away.

Personally I don't care if you think "I'll buy it now", this thread is for folks to give their thoughts into what is the "kicker" for them. What will push the product over the edge when it gets released to make you buy it.

I myself am not one to invest in a product knowing or hoping the modifications will roll out sooner than later. I'm aware we have a Suggestion forums for a reason however this is just a collaboration of thoughts as a whole.

I will be purchasing XenForo when it has the follow primarily.

• Easy to use CMS
    • Image gallery
    I'd like to see some sort of store feature that users can use points to do stuff with however that's nothing major and not a need right off the bat. This thread isn't to say I don't like XenForo... so far I love the product. I'd say a good amount of the members here are from the vbulletin community and are unhappy however not everyone is like that. So far vBulletin is treating my community great, it has the perfect add-ons for what I NEED. That is what comes down to it, I'm not going to buy XenForo to show my support for the devs, if that was the case I'd just donate. I'm buying XenForo when it works for my community.
  2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

If the devs holds true to their principles and philosophies to the very end, i am here.
    Puntocom and Sador like this.
  3. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

This, pretty much. And that's including listening to the customers, of course.
    Brandon_R likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If/when chat functionality is available.
  5. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

There isn't really a certain feature that will prompt me to buy. Like I stated on another forum, I like what I see now and the direction XenForo seems to be heading in. So, I'll purchase at least one license (whether I'll have use for it at the time or not) for that reason alone, to show my support.
  6. David McHenry

David McHenry Active Member

Where did Floris go?
  7. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Abducted by aliens. They came looking for his coffee stash but he wouldn't give it up... So they are torturing him by making him watch old "Three's Company" re-runs until he coff( :))s up the caffeine.
    erich37 and Forsaken like this.
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Like a shoutbox?
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Apparently a shoutbox is different to chat.
    I want a live chat functionality as I currently have on my site, we wouldn't be able to do without it.
  10. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Exactly, the thing that is keeping me here isn't the features of this system, it's the abstract things like listening to customers, principles and philosophies.
  11. Salty

Salty Active Member

12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest