The I love Americans... really I do thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious. How do people outside the USA picture Americans and how they live. Looking for the stereotypes.

Well, while traveling I have been informed that Americans...
  • eat hamburgers every single day
  • sue someone once a week
  • always carry a gun everywhere they go, and
  • know absolutely nothing about any culture but their own
(I always thought that last one was a cheap irony.)

That I "did bet on him"!:)

OOooo well good for you :D hehehe

Melbourne Cup winner on this last Tuesday for anyone even slightly interested.

I think this was the first year ever I really didn't even realise it was Melbourne Cup day :p I literally had no idea until well after the event >_<

Well, while traveling I have been informed that Americans...
  • eat hamburgers every single day
  • sue someone once a week
  • always carry a gun everywhere they go, and
  • know absolutely nothing about any culture but their own
(I always thought that last one was a cheap irony.)
True on all accounts :D isn't ?

Is there no rules on XenForo...???

I am sure there would be a line in there somewhere about no politics or racial comments...

If there is not , then there should be & offending posts removed...

Regards..

TB, this is just a "vent" thread in the Off-Topic forum.

But to your point, I haven't seen any racial comments?

I would say post #11 in this thread borders very close and stirred up the response in post #13..

Off Topic or Not... Does not make it right, sorry but that is my humble opinion.

Regards...

Just curious. How do people outside the USA picture Americans and how they live. Looking for the stereotypes.
I think it's wrong to generalize people or countries. It's probably true that there are a lot of ignorant people there (I know that there are large differences between the different states, which are sometimes almost countries on their own), maybe a bit more than in some European countries. But the knowledge, technology and economical benefits we have in the world come for a great deal from the American people. I do have problems with some of the government and media there though, I think they are misleading some of the more vulnerable people and by doing that actually harming their own country. That's one of things that disturb me most, and I recognize it because in Belgium it's just the same.

I aint no prude and I am not sqeeky clean by any stretch of immagination..

But there are some routes you just do not go down when posting on a worldwide forum.
Children can read all this and end up being uninformed about the world in general , leaving them with a distorted view of life...

Besides which the 3 main causes of military fueds over the years have been caused by.. Politics , Religon & Racism.
They have also brought down many a good forum...

Regards..

Children can only read this if their parents are letting them surf the internet without supervision, in which case I doubt their first stop is a software forum. I mean, realistically.

But for the record, I think politics and religion always drag down a board.

Dont you believe it.. Kids are far more up to date than you give them credit for....

And I said they CAN.. I didnt say they WILL...

Regards..

I didn't say kids weren't up to date, I said they probably wouldn't hang around a boring (to them) software forum. "I need custom BBcodes," "I'm getting a server error," yeah it's Disneyworld on a board! :D

heh my kid LOVES visiting forums. Almost 11 yrs old and loves religious debates, Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom