The grim irony...

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The day one innovator and genius of passes away in this world shares the anniversary of the launch of the most innovative forum software.

Some people may say coincidence, others may call it fate, or balance.

Forever more, the anniversary of xenforo will be shared on the anniversary of the death of Steve Jobs.

What is your take on this, do you think it was pure coincidence, or some form of balance in the universe?

I have never, ever, believed in coincidence, and am not going to start now.
My granny said that everything happens for a reason.

Yes Mr. Jobs' death will forever be shared with XenForo's launch. But this is something to celebrate.
A passing, and a birth - both innovative, and visionary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

However the phenomenon described in the article linked above is a cover-up! In reality there's a master computer which governs the universe; it was programmed roughly twenty billion years ago by a super intelligent alien to balance out every aspect of human life on earth. After calculating the consequences of Jobs' departure in the future, it retrospectively rearranged synapses in the brains of two talented software developers, so that these men would be able to release their masterpiece just in time and thereby save mankind from total destruction. By now I'm sure you're asking yourself; how does he know this and I don't? Well that's actually very simple. The alien who created the master super computer has recently spoken to me, during one of my daily meditation sessions. So I can assure you that this information is true and correct.

Or I could have been hallucinating, and it's all just a coincidence. But that seems highly unlikely don't you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

However the phenomenon described in the article linked above is a cover-up! In reality there's a master computer which governs the universe; it was programmed roughly twenty billion years ago by a super intelligent alien to balance out every aspect of human life on earth. After calculating the consequences of Jobs' departure in the future, it retrospectively rearranged synapses in the brains of two talented software developers, so that these men would be able to release their masterpiece just in time and thereby save mankind from total destruction. By now I'm sure you're asking yourself; how does he know this and I don't? Well that's actually very simple. The alien who created the master super computer has recently spoken to me, during one of my daily meditation sessions. So I can assure you that this information is true and correct.

Or I could have been hallucinating, and it's all just a coincidence. But that seems highly unlikely don't you think?
Poor taste.

That was interesting, some I did know, but most I did not.

The lack of Philanthropy has always bothered me about Apple. Not that lack per se, (although that is incredibly irksome) but the total duplicity of an organisation to promote it's self as the hip, touch-y feel-y, different thinking good guy whilst being as self serving as any other large corporation, if not more so.

I know it is now against the law, not to mention probably a mortal sin to say a bad word about Steve Jobs or indeed even Apple Corp, so I had better shut up now.

Back on topic.. I personally do not see it as Grim, nor Ironic that any two events occurred on the same day, we don't live in the dark ages peeps.. crap happens every day, both good and bad to all of us, let's not read anything into it.

Personally in years to come I will always be remembering the XF anniversary, and the untimely demise of a well known and respected person will fade into the either for me anyway.

The day one innovator and genius of passes away in this world shares the anniversary of the launch of the most innovative forum software.

Some people may say coincidence, others may call it fate, or balance.

Forever more, the anniversary of xenforo will be shared on the anniversary of the death of Steve Jobs.

What is your take on this, do you think it was pure coincidence, or some form of balance in the universe?
is xf really that innovative though?
imo, xf is to vb as vb was to ubb; a modernised tribute to the previous product.
to compare xf to something like the ipod would suggest some drastic departure from convention.

Top Bottom