1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 The Follow Feature

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JABRONI, Jan 19, 2012.

1. JABRONI

JABRONI Well-Known Member

What exactly does this feature do? I know that sounds noobish but please be easy on me =]

2. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

it makes their posts/likes viewable on 'your news feed', unless they are one of the 50% that runs with their online status invisible.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've seen you post this before, and that's not correct. (Try it with me if you haven't already.)

4. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

What I find useful is that Follows gives me a kind of address book or directory.
    On my Profile I have a box of my Follows which can expand to All.
    That means I can click one, get their Membercard and get their Profile off that with their website or other info I might find useful.
    I can also Start Conversation with them off the Membercard.

5. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i have learnt that the privacy option 'Receive this user's news feed' is the culprit. i see i can set a default value for new registrations, but there doesnt seem to be a way to prevent members from altering the option. is there a way to do that?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not explicitly - the easiest option is probably to replace the option to change it on the privacy screen with a hidden <input> keeping the original value.

dieketzer likes this.
  7. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

How do you get a list of the people who are following you? I see the icons of people I follow.

8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Go to your profile:-

followers.png

click the number.