The first addon for XenForo ?

For you, Which would be the first addon for XenForo ?

• Gallery

Votes: 192 49.9%
  • Download system

Votes: 60 15.6%
  • Blog

Votes: 69 17.9%
  • CMS

Votes: 186 48.3%
  • Other, please comments

Votes: 36 9.4%

• Total voters
I voted gallery only because I believe it would be the simplest from a development viewpoint to release, as the majority of aspects exist that makeup a gallery, ie. image upload, resizing, video, etc. Its only a matter of integrating these aspects into their own unique area with appropriate permissions independent of other products.

I think firstly a gallery, which I feel could enhance my own forums, but also a CMS which would be of benefit on another of my sites.

I really have no idea! I'll reserve judgement until I've mulled it over ;)

I get the feeling that the first modification will be the mood script discussed a few days ago.

I voted "Download System", only because I'd love to see how Kier & Mike would approach it (: More than likely, though, it'll probably be a mod... not an official add-on.

Hi All... very first post here. I REALLY like THIS vibe a LOT better than that other, formerly great product.

I'd like to toss down a gauntlet to our Super Dynamic Developer Duo (+n):

I was gonna ask for CMS, because, that is of course what I need the very most... some easy way to mine the fifteen years' worth of superb gems posted in my special interest forum...

But here's the gauntlet... what is the NEXT evolution in the functionality of what is now handled more or less by what is called CMS?

And... how can YOU guys, maybe with a little more help, come up with whatever transcends present day CMS... and part of that is evidenced by how easily it integrates with forum- and blog- codes, and won't take another 6 months to a year for XenForo to develop.

You guys wanna slay the giant, (metaphorically speaking of course)?

Just build a hypermod that obviates the overhead currently typical of CMS that makes it such a big-a.. deal to get the gems of the posts in front of our hungry readership.

Voila: Je t'jete le gant!
HJ

Oh yes I should claify I didn't realise this thread was for *official* add ons. Sorry.

An arcade should not be an official add on, in my opinion. One for the mod community.

If we're talking official addons - gallery, definitely.

Top Bottom