[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

This MIGHT be related to my Social Groups add-on, I'm not sure if @ALMUSA has that installed or not. But, another user reported the similar error earlier today and I've posted an update to my add-on to take care of the problem. It was happening in a sub-forum of a group.

Looking into it a bit that error appears to be coming from $react->Content being NULL, likely from the content being deleted without the reaction on it being removed as well -- we had fixed a few scenarios previously that could've caused this so now it's just a matter of tracking down how deleted content would be retaining the reaction (and suppressing the error)

Could you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "removing the rating"? Did you actually delete the reaction, or what are you referring to exactly? That error indicates that the content for the reaction was deleted but the reaction is still remaining (I believe this has already been fixed, but I'll double check)

That hasn't been implemented yet. It'll be in the change log when it has

We'll look into this as well

Yes the reactions were given and then deleted yet they are still there in the widget and when you click on them it gives the error I posted above.

This MIGHT be related to my Social Groups add-on, I'm not sure if @ALMUSA has that installed or not. But, another user reported the similar error earlier today and I've posted an update to my add-on to take care of the problem. It was happening in a sub-forum of a group.

Nope im not using the Social Group add-on.

Hey Guys, I am getting this a lot in my logs:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function canView() on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/React/AbstractHandler.php:357
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 4, 2018 at 6:55 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Entity/ReactedContent.php(83): ThemeHouse\Reactions\React\AbstractHandler->render(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent))
#1 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent->render()
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(938): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s6/public/threact_member_reactions.php(56): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent), 'render', Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('threact_member_...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('ThemeHouse\\Reac...', 'public:threact_...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "/members/fruit.7/reactions?type=received&reaction_id=17"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["type"] => string(8) "received"
    ["reaction_id"] => string(2) "17"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hey Guys, I am getting this a lot in my logs:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function canView() on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/React/AbstractHandler.php:357
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 4, 2018 at 6:55 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Entity/ReactedContent.php(83): ThemeHouse\Reactions\React\AbstractHandler->render(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent))
#1 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent->render()
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(938): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s6/public/threact_member_reactions.php(56): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent), 'render', Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('threact_member_...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('ThemeHouse\\Reac...', 'public:threact_...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "/members/fruit.7/reactions?type=received&reaction_id=17"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["type"] => string(8) "received"
    ["reaction_id"] => string(2) "17"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

We have this error patched and a release scheduled as soon as we get a couple other issues ironed out as well as tracking down the root cause of this issue :)

As a temporary fix you can edit src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/React/AbstractHandler.php and change:

PHP:
if (!$react->Content->canView()) {

to:
PHP:
if (!$react->Content || !$react->Content->canView()) {

Does this remove the current likes you have on your forum?

No, you can set a reaction to be the "like wrapper" which will behave as a normal XenForo like (and XF likes will import to this reaction)

Last edited:
@Jake B. Are there any plans to increase price of this product by the time a stable version is released that can be put on a live board? Any estimates on when it will be out of beta testing?

Anyone done a feature set comparison with Xon's version?

@Jake B. Are there any plans to increase price of this product by the time a stable version is released that can be put on a live board? Any estimates on when it will be out of beta testing?
We have a decent list of visual changes being posted today or tomorrow. You are welcome to demo it before you decide to buy! We're still working on some new features and bugs, anything anyone reports gets put in our github issue tracker.

Here is a quick look at our new super mobile optimized improvement:

drag.gif

We have a decent list of visual changes being posted today or tomorrow. You are welcome to demo it before you decide to buy! We're still working on some new features and bugs, anything anyone reports gets put in our github issue tracker.

Here is a quick look at our new super mobile optimized improvement:

View attachment 172775

A bit off topic here, but did you have to buy a license for that demo system? I'm sure you guys made sure its not violating the license agreement, I'm just curious how that works.

A bit off topic here, but did you have to buy a license for that demo system? I'm sure you guys made sure its not violating the license agreement, I'm just curious how that works.
It is behind a password protected directory, and they auto-delete after I think a day or two (cannot quite recall)

We made sure it was okay with XenForo before we built it, yes :)

Basically when you request the demo it just inserts a record into a database, and we have a node application that runs in the background "scanning" for new demo requests, gets them installed and emails the details. It does take ~10 minutes for the demo to become available after it's requested depending on the queue, and the demo currently is deleted after 24 hours

FWIW currently the demo is a bit outdated, but once we do this release on Reactions I'll be updating everything on it (XenForo, and the add-ons). eventually we plan on adding support for demoing styles, but that will need quite a bit of testing to get it working correctly :)

How do we still not have the ability to use reactions as criteria for user group promotions?

I would think this would be one of the primary uses for ratings.

Has anyone found a workaround to use reactions with user group promotions?

How do we still not have the ability to use reactions as criteria for user group promotions?

I would think this would be one of the primary uses for ratings.

Has anyone found a workaround to use reactions with user group promotions?
Im sorry I must have missed the feature suggestion. I agree its important. I posted an issue in our tracker here: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/183

Mozilla Firefox latest version and Samsung Galaxy J7 with android 7.0

Does this happen on a specific theme or them all? I tried Firefox on a Nexus 5x (Android 7.1.2) and only saw it on the `Fluid Layout` style on your site. Want to make sure I understand this issue so I can try implementing a fix.

Does this happen on a specific theme or them all? I tried Firefox on a Nexus 5x (Android 7.1.2) and only saw it on the `Fluid Layout` style on your site. Want to make sure I understand this issue so I can try implementing a fix.

This issue happening for all style and Issue will be happened when lot of Reaction type count.

Could you create a ticket at themehouse.com with a link to a specific post that it's happening for you on?

Does not know why need creating tickets. Show me where are working for you in mobile browser? This issue also happen in thread list. Do you checked with more 7 types Reaction?

20180409_205836.webp

Top Bottom