[TH] Library [Deleted]

Just been playing around with this some more and was wondering if anyone could help with the below :)

View attachment 27761

Where the avatar is being displayed, Is it possible to
1)Remove the avatar totally
2) Place a seperate thumbnail in the location?
You should take a look at another addon by Jon : Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo that will allow you to display images of your choice in place of the avatar. I believe it is compatible with the Library addon (just a guess, I have not tested so far).

Ive just installed but it seems like its not compatable with this mod, there no option to choose the library you want to use.

If anyone knows of a way where I could use my own image instead of the avatar it would be greatly appreciated.

If this is the problem, then it is up to Morgain whether I fix this or not, unless someone else is willing to contribute to this, since this is not a bug. I would propose that the solution would be to allow for the 'articles' controller to be named as something else as an option in the Admin CP.

Jon if you PROMISE me this is just a rename at admin level and won't inconvenience ME this is OK :)
You said you were about to tidy up my Library install anyway as I'm way behind on upgrades.

Hi Jon,
Great mod!
Any news on when the next release is to be expected?

Jon has just moved across the country and doesn't have reliable net access after his house move. I think it'll be OK in a few days then we can pester him!

I see the "Display in the node list" check box, but I see no option to "display as tab."
Alan you need to install Jake's nodes-as-tabs.
Jon made Library compatible.

OOPS! just checked thread above more carefully and Jon says he has to upgrade this connection. As Ive said elsewhere he should be available in a few days after his house move.

Is there anyway of creating a stand alone page with the front end control, however without having it placed within a directory. Hope that makes sense :confused:

Dave an Article has to have a Library as its container because an Article is like a thread in a forum, with each page like a post.

You can fake the effect you want though.
Create Library.
Disable the show in node tree option, then when it's created, rightclick it in the node tree to get its URL so you can access it.
Create an Article in it. Copy the Article URL.
Go to admin and create a LinkForum pointing to that URL. Make the LinkForum locate in node tree wherever you want it.

I did this and also as I'm only using LinkForums for this I substituted the LinkForum for my own icon so it looked like the Article.

Dave an Article has to have a Library as its container because an Article is like a thread in a forum, with each page like a post.

You can fake the effect you want though.
Create Library.
Disable the show in node tree option, then when it's created, rightclick it in the node tree to get its URL so you can access it.
Create an Article in it. Copy the Article URL.
Go to admin and create a LinkForum pointing to that URL. Make the LinkForum locate in node tree wherever you want it.

I did this and also as I'm only using LinkForums for this I substituted the LinkForum for my own icon so it looked like the Article.

Sorry about the delay in replying.

Thats a great help, thank you. I'll give this a go over the next couple of days (y)

Being cheeky, I dont suppose you are able to help with post 116 at all? http://xenforo.com/community/threads/library-by-waindigo.27529/page-6#post-343217

Alan you need to install Jake's nodes-as-tabs.
Jon made Library compatible.

OOPS! just checked thread above more carefully and Jon says he has to upgrade this connection. As Ive said elsewhere he should be available in a few days after his house move.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Can you help me please? I cant create Articles: 2012-04-17 09-24-09.webp

Zend_Uri_Exception: Invalid URI supplied - library/Zend/Uri/Http.php:156

Hi,

I installed made some articles, uninstalled. I reinstalled, created an article. Instead of it creating an article it reacreates all of the previous articles I made before I uninstalled but instead of creating separate articles it creates one article of several pages.

Not sure what exactly is going on but what table are these articles in so I can delete them and start from scratch?

Hi,

I installed made some articles, uninstalled. I reinstalled, created an article. Instead of it creating an article it reacreates all of the previous articles I made before I uninstalled but instead of creating separate articles it creates one article of several pages.

Not sure what exactly is going on but what table are these articles in so I can delete them and start from scratch?
Its possible maybe that the uninstall code isnt removing everything correctly. Im sure Jon will feedback an address this issue in an update if it needs it.

Talking to Jon today he is free to work on Library this week YAY!

Items to come in are expected to be -
Control of the Library list of Articles - sticky Article titles - latest X number of Articles - order the rest A-Z or chrono.
Article icon for its author. Author name.
Article templating so as to show a mini index of multiple pages for example. Rob is also discussing a tab view to show pages.
Link to Discussion thread on a forum. Either a new created thread or browse to an existing one to allocate it.

Top Bottom