[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Hi Jon,

I'm having a problem with the upgrades. I entered the right credentials but I still get this message.

Unable to copy files. Try adding/checking your FTP login details.

I have tried the same credentials with winscp and it's working fine. Please help

I was trying to install xenforo addon and then i got this error:
Unable to create temporary directory. Please check your server permissions.

Since you can only install a few addons at a time using the install multiple add-ons feature. A uncheck all box is needed so you don't have to uncheck a bunch of boxes each time you do another round of installing a few off a long list.

I entered my xenforo login credentials for the customer area. They are definitely correct but it's not authenticating when I try and upgrade xenforo with this addon. I even reset my password to be completely sure.

Got a problem with upgrading xenforo on one site. The other 2 work fine. On the third the license was expired. I renewed the license, regenerated a new token for the license and added that token to install and upgrade options. I then tried to upgrade the site. It fails saying to pick another license because it says the license is expired and validation token is no good.

I still can't get my site to validate at xF's customer area.... in effect I can only upgrade manually. I've checked everything there is to check.
bug??
Jon, my xF community and customer area passwords are not the same but i've used the right ones for the right paths - don't understand why its not working.

I've been getting this server error a bunch of times, and the Install and Upgrade addon doesn't seem to be working correctly at all for me.
The error I'm getting is:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch::isAddOnPremium() - library/Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php:992

And in my error_log file, I'm seeing this:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch::isAddOnPremium() in /library/Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php on line 992

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Jon, does this work over SFTP? If so how?
@Jon W any chance of adding FTP explicit SSL/TLS support (ftp_ssl_connect) as well http://php.net/manual/en/function.ftp-ssl-connect.php ? Outlined the problem at https://community.centminmod.com/th...aindigo-xenforo-addon-ftp-login-details.2869/

with addon's ftp_connect, and where FTP is setup only over SSL/TLS (requires ftp_ssl_connect), you will get the error message = Sorry, cleartext sessions are not accepted on this server
SFTP is not currently supported. If you'd be interested in contributing to having this added, please drop me a PM.

Getting a server error upgrading from 1.48a to 1.49

Server Error
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\library\Waindigo\InstallUpgrade\Extend\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\AddOn.php at line 182
  2. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 347
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\admin.php at line 13
Also several phrases are now broken. I have rebuilt the caches to no avail.

Getting a server error upgrading from 1.48a to 1.49

Server Error
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\library\Waindigo\InstallUpgrade\Extend\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\AddOn.php at line 182
  2. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 347
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\inetpub2\ihelpforum\admin.php at line 13
Also several phrases are now broken. I have rebuilt the caches to no avail.
Disable the add-on and upgrade it manually.

I don't use this add-on so I have no idea if this is true or not, but I felt it was worth posting to confirm.
A member contacted me earlier and mentioned this: "it keeps stored passwords unencrypted in the database if you are using the free version...even though the passwords show "********" in the stored credential tab, a simple "inspect element" shows the password in plain text".

If true, what this means is any administrator will be able to obtain the password, resulting in a potential account breach/hijack.

I don't use this add-on so I have no idea if this is true or not, but I felt it was worth posting to confirm.
A member contacted me earlier and mentioned this: "it keeps stored passwords unencrypted in the database if you are using the free version...even though the passwords show "********" in the stored credential tab, a simple "inspect element" shows the password in plain text".

If true, what this means is any administrator will be able to obtain the password, resulting in a potential account breach/hijack.
Shows stars in Inspect Element for me. Just checked.

Top Bottom