[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

I have the same problem - the installer is the latest version, but it lists itself as outdated.
similar problem here with another add-on - i have the latest alter ego detector (Liam) installed, but install and upgrade means, i should update. :(

Since upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4.6 ... who is the list to exclude add-ons from update watch list? In ACP - settings - install and upgrade settings ist this list no more. Can anyone hint me?

AndyB updates the resource "Register Email" yesterday to 2.5 - i look today in my ACP and... see nothing from. Actualy installed are 2.4. :(

And yes - the problem also comes with the latest install and upgrade. (n)

Installed this, tried to install something else, and I got a strange failure:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function filter_var() - library/Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/ControllerHelper/InstallUpgrade.php:14

php is 5.4.35, and I was told filter_var is a standard part of PHP rather than an extension, but it doesn't seem to be present. I do not quite understand the build system well enough to rebuild php yet, but I'll probably have to I guess? I just assumed it would be there by default.

EDIT: Nevermind. Not an "extension" apparently, but I still had to install a separate package for it. Working now.

There is no obvious way that I can see to upgrade xenforo in one click as per the resource features list. Where would this option appear?
What is the process to upgrade xenforo with this? I appreciate it might just be me being blind or stupid lol

Man... just follow the xenforo instructions for upgrades and enjoy. Its so simple also without this add-on or another installer. ;)

Man... just follow the xenforo instructions for upgrades and enjoy. Its so simple also without this add-on or another installer. ;)
Erm.... yeah, I think I know that dude. I can upgrade xenforo in my sleep. However, as owner of a very busy forum, a one click upgrade has that certain appeal; who knew?

I've since found that option at the foot of the admin sidebar; turns out I was blind after all.

I have a forum on a staging server that is running 1.4.3 and tried the "Upgrade Xenforo" thing and it came back and told me I am running the latest. Anybody know what gives? I'd really like to try this and see how well it works.

Hello wacnstac,

i can only say - i have now defenitly deinstalled this add-on. (i used the latest version on a actualy xenforo)

It shows me only a few updates, others not or it tells me there is a update even though i use an actual version of this add-on. So its not realy usefull for me and i kick at out now.

An xenforo upgrade is also without this add-on a easy step. ;)

The problem with the new version detection of this add-on is that at least someone has to upgrade an add-on manually to trigger the "new version" event at all other users of this add-on.

Best would be, if XenForo would provide an XML feed with current add-ons and version numbers. But until then, all automatic upgrade systems will not work as perfect as they should work.

Now there are a lot of addon-NameOfAddOn_vX.X.xml files in the Webroot. Is this okay and the place where they should be?

Hi,

I have version 1.1.9 installed.

I have written my own add-on on my local server. Can I upload my add-on from my server or does it have to reside on the xenforo site? I would like to be able to upgrade my add-on on our production system, with the changes I continue to make to my add-on.

I have written my own add-on on my local server. Can I upload my add-on from my server or does it have to reside on the xenforo site? I would like to be able to upgrade my add-on on our production system, with the changes I continue to make to my add-on.
Yes, this should work fine. Just enter the URL of the add-on zip file you want to install.

1. Your registration has been rejected as it resembles automated or spam-like behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance.
I won't bother, will use another installer.

1. Your registration has been rejected as it resembles automated or spam-like behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance.
I won't bother, will use another installer.
All installer features of this add-on are available without the need for registering.

There's another thing as well...

Jfo8MIW.png

It will not accept the username, it only works with the email address.

Cheers

Jon W updated Install and Upgrade by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.7 released

New features:
  • Added ability to install/upgrade add-ons from a directory on your server. Just enter the name of the directory on the add-on install screen and a list of all available add-ons will be displayed, automatically selecting add-ons that are not yet installed or need upgrading, and allowing you to select which version to install/upgrade if there are multiple versions available. All installs/upgrades can then be done in one click! Thanks to CMGUpdates for contributing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This just keeps getting better and better Jon!

Added ability to install/upgrade add-ons from a directory on your server.
Be great if the path auto filled or selectable to use after it's used once.

Top Bottom