[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Anyway - for me it is also not nice, when I read that Plugin developers are not only checking valid Xenforo licences, and also transfering sensitive data to their Server.
Member count isn't a sensitive piece of data for me, personally, and the default behaviour on XF is to display this information publicly on the main page.

Anyway, I came to this thread with an idea for a new, surely much needed feature: When add-ons are uninstalled, they leave behind lots of files: .php, .js, etc. It would be cool if this add-on could help admins locate such files, so they could be deleted.

Member count isn't a sensitive piece of data for me, personally, and the default behaviour on XF is to display this information publicly on the main page.

Anyway, I came to this thread with an idea for a new, surely much needed feature: When add-ons are uninstalled, they leave behind lots of files: .php, .js, etc. It would be cool if this add-on could help admins locate such files, so they could be deleted.

Amen to the file removal part, but that is a pretty big responsibility to take on. What happens to orphaned files that were part of an earlier version of an add-on? Those could be potential ticking time-bombs.

Also Jon could you tell me what directory this add-on will attempt to upload the addon-Tapatalk.xml file for the Tapatalk add-on or in general where the .xml files get unzipped to? I am still having permission problems with those.
You might be better off using the ftp option. Just enter your ftp details in the options.

Amen to the file removal part, but that is a pretty big responsibility to take on. What happens to orphaned files that were part of an earlier version of an add-on? Those could be potential ticking time-bombs.
Not really. They won't really do anything on their own.

Amen to the file removal part, but that is a pretty big responsibility to take on.
I suppose it won't be easy, but I think if all the add-ons were installed and upgraded using an install-and-upgrade add-on like this, then it would be possible to keep track of all the files associated with each add-on and add-on version.

I suppose it won't be easy, but I think if all the add-ons were installed and upgraded using an install-and-upgrade add-on like this, then it would be possible to keep track of all the files associated with each add-on and add-on version.
It would be really easy to do.

Hello,

will older versions from this add-on now never work? I see serveral add-ons here on xenforo resources, that have updates aviable - but no info from install and upgrade come up.

So my question is - will now work only versions above 1.4 and older versions like 1.3.x dont anymore?

Edit:
I see this eg by the nice add-on from Sidane - "Threadmarks". This have 2 new updates, but nothing is shown on install and upgrade 1.3.X

Last edited:
@Jon W, I get this:
upload_2015-2-14_13-12-58.webp

I have the latest updates installed and the correct URLs but still it tells me they are outdated, even the installer itself :/

@Jon W I got this issue when installing add on by Waindigo. I just try my forum in live site and this issue occur. Please help :)

nr6RWxX.png

Jon W updated Install and Upgrade by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.6 released

New features:
  • As per recent policy changes, the add-on now sends the number of active members to Waindigo servers if the "Allow member count to be sent to Waindigo servers" option is enabled, instead of sending the full member count. Active members are those who have valid accounts, have been active within 12 months and are not banned or discouraged.
  • The number of active members, as per the above, is now also displayed on the Admin Control Panel homepage under Member...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jon,

I installed but got this error, it is anything to be worried about?

ErrorException: Undefined index: activeUsers - library/Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php:751
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:57 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/site/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php(751): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/site/p...', 751, Array)
#1 /home/site/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Deferred/UpdateCheck.php(16): Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->checkForAddOnUpdates(Array)
#2 /home/site/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Deferred_UpdateCheck->execute(Array, Array, 7.9858791828156, 'Install Add-on....')
#3 /home/site/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9858791828156, 'Install Add-on....', false)
#4 /home/site/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, 'Install Add-on....', false)
#5 /home/site/public_html/xen/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://www.mysite.com/xen/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(107) "/xen/admin.php?tools/run-deferred&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Fxen%2Fadmin.php%3Fadd-ons%2F"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

How can I disable the "Your waindigo.org account is not yet setup. Click here to update." message?
Go into the options for the add-on and select the option "Override undismissable broadcasts". You will then be able to dismiss the message and it won't appear again.

After upgrading to Xenfor 1.4.5 I got this from File Health Check.
I didn't know where to put this error so I do it here.

File Health Check
Potential Problems
  1. library/Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20141011.php File does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Waindigo/Install/20150107.php File does not contain expected contents.

can i use this to upgrade XenForo Media Gallery?

@Jon W, I get this:
View attachment 98346

I have the latest updates installed and the correct URLs but still it tells me they are outdated, even the installer itself :/

I have the same problem - the installer is the latest version, but it lists itself as outdated.

im also having this issue.
one example is with this mod: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/

Top Bottom