[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

I was installing this when I got this error.

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ']' -library/Waindigo/Listener/Template/20130831.php:216
Generated By: Mari, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(18) "https://8thos.com/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Make sure you've uploaded all the files correctly. This error can happen if a file is not uploaded correctly or if a page is accessed while a file has not finished uploading completely.

Sometimes, with some add ons, the procedure fails. Seems to be a uploading files related issue.
Starting the procedure with zip or link mode, and the process fails. Repeating for the second time the same install or upgrade add-on procedure, and work.

It's like if during the first attempt the uploading step is partial or incomplete.

Using an add-on such as this one (Install and Upgrade by Waindigo) or Chris Deeming's add-on installer to install your add-ons is the best way to avoid this error.

Using an add-on such as this one (Install and Upgrade by Waindigo) or Chris Deeming's add-on installer to install your add-ons is the best way to avoid this error.
It's exactly using this add-on that I report the issue :) Sorry for misunderstanding

It's exactly using this add-on that I report the issue :) Sorry for misunderstanding
Sorry, I assumed you were talking about the same error as DRE.

There is an increased likelihood of timeout issues if you are on a slower/shared server or if the internet connection is poor or for very large add-ons. There is no harm in just keeping trying until it succeeds though.

I'm on a dedicated server (i5 quad core, SSD and 16Gb di ram) and fiber cable internet so I should not have timeout issues... and the issue not seems related to add-on weight...

I'm also experiencing the error where trying to upgrade XenForo produces an error incorrectly stating the user credentials are invalid.

User and pwd are accurate, but not being accepted.

I'm also experiencing the error where trying to upgrade XenForo produces an error incorrectly stating the user credentials are invalid.

User and pwd are accurate, but not being accepted.
Make sure you have the latest version of the add-on and are using the correct credentials. Remember that it is not your forum username/password, but the one you use to login to the customer area.

Sigh ... got it. It was auto-filled with the forum login credentials, and I never questioned otherwise.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Thanks. It is not possible to support every add-on, so you will have to upload the files manually in this case.

I will look to see if we can support it in future though.

Thanks. It is not possible to support every add-on, so you will have to upload the files manually in this case.

I will look to see if we can support it in future though.
Looking in the add-on file structure don't seems that this add-on had weird things...
With Chris add-on, no issues...

This is the reason because I report here :)

I got this error after installing the RM:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'resource_field.display_group' in 'order clause'
1.Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
2.Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
3.Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
4.Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
5.XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenResource/Model/ResourceField.php at line 78
6.XenResource_Model_ResourceField->getResourceFields() in XenResource/ControllerAdmin/Field.php at line 19
7.XenResource_ControllerAdmin_Field->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
8.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
9.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /data/www/xen/admin.php at line 13

Installing the original way fixed it.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-after-install.62765/#post-665518

What I think happend is, that the server didn't have permission to write in certain areas. But as far as I can tell I did not get any messages about that.

Hi,

I got this error when attempting to install something directly from here:

Server Error
This filter needs the zip extension

1. Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
  2. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
  3. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 43
  4. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_extractFromArchive() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 21
  5. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->extractFromFile() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 19
  6. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 41
  8. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/demovamp/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Any ideas?

Cheers

Sounds like you don't have the PHP ZIP extension installed on your server. If it is not your own server, you may wish to contact your host to ask them to install it. Otherwise, a quick Google should be able to provide you with instructions for how to install it for your particular server setup.

Top Bottom