[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Waindigo updated Install and Upgrade by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5c released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes bug that unable to upgrade add-ons by zip/xml file using the add-on upgrade screen. Note that it is still possible to upgrade add-ons from the install add-on screen if you have the "Allow add-on upgrade from install page" option checked, so please use that method if you need to upgrade this add-on by uploading a zip/xml file, or disable this add-on before upgrading.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Your addon is installed as expected (the 'c' version)

I'm trying to install and reinstall more than 60 add-on for testing purpose.
Installing one addon each time, all working good.
Installing more than one addon and repeating the procedure, return:

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: upload_file

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 23
Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/propit/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Your error is reporting a problem with line 23 of my add-on, but the error it is reporting relates to what line 23 of the add-on used to look like. This line has now changed and would no longer produce such an error.

Please check the following file:
Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php
and make sure that it exactly matches the zip file.

If line 23 says:
PHP:
return parent::actionInstall();
then it is an old version of that file.

The error message above suggests that that is what that line says on your installation.

You're right, my fault :(
The files was an old version. really strange, I've reinstalled it as always.

So I testing it now...
Thank you :)

@Waindigo, any particular reason that this would not be detecting updates to the add-ons installed. I have several and when I run the CRON job it never detects any updates - but when I log into the forum I get Alerts about resources have been updated (like just got one on this, went back and manually ran the CRON job to check for updates and it still says no updates found). I've uninstalled, re-installed, installed all the existing add-ons again and still no-go.

I feel silly, but I just added this... Now what? I can't find where to go to it or where it is supposed to show up. It's showing in the list of add-ons, but where do I access the functions of it? Thanks.

I feel silly, but I just added this... Now what? I can't find where to go to it or where it is supposed to show up. It's showing in the list of add-ons, but where do I access the functions of it? Thanks.
In your ACP on the home page
Addons
List Add-ons
Install Add-on
Outdated Add-ons

It takes the place of the built in stuff. You also have an area in your Options to configure some stuff.

Gotcha. It also mentions needing to set up permissions but I couldn't find any documentation on where to do this. When I tried to install an add-on from the resources on XenForo, it did go through but then reported permission errors and this "Please enter a valid callback method (Waindigo_LastPostAvatar_Listener_FileHealthCheck::fileHealthCheck)."

Gotcha. It also mentions needing to set up permissions but I couldn't find any documentation on where to do this. When I tried to install an add-on from the resources on XenForo, it did go through but then reported permission errors and this "Please enter a valid callback method (Waindigo_LastPostAvatar_Listener_FileHealthCheck::fileHealthCheck)."
If there are permissions errors then you will get errors like the above because not all files will have uploaded correctly. You probably need to set all folders to 777 permissions. This is not always advisable if you are on a shared server though, so you might want to speak to your web host first if appropriate.

You can get rid of the above errors if they are persistent by just installing the add-on you were trying to install in the normal way (i.e., uploading the files with FTP).

If there are permissions errors then you will get errors like the above because not all files will have uploaded correctly. You probably need to set all folders to 777 permissions. This is not always advisable if you are on a shared server though, so you might want to speak to your web host first if appropriate.
I cheat.... I set the ownership group to adm and then give the files 775 and put myself and any other account I need in the adm group.:p

What folders would I need to set to 777? We have our own server so it's not shared.
When you see that permissions error screen, it will tell you which folders need to be set to 777 for that particular add-on. It is possible that you may need to set every folder to 777, but this might not be necessary depending on which add-ons you install. The most common ones are the library, js and styles folders.

@Waindigo , trying to update XF to 1.2.2 from 1.2.0, but the upgrade option is telling me my login is incorrect for xf, when it isn't. I have even changed my password and put the new one in. No Change.

My client gets this error when he tries to install an addon.

TBc6TVPZON0qxhwa_tmYaFmjVjePXy8FVXKdaxjgZF4

@Chris Deeming he got the error using your addon as well.

My client gets this error when he tries to install an addon.

@Chris Deeming he got the error using your addon as well.
That's because he doesn't have unzip installed on the server. If shared hosting he will need to contact the host, if running a Debian VPS or dedicated he will need to log in and assume root and issue a apt-get install zip unzip.
If on a centOS box then issue a yum install unzip.

I just installed your addon and tried to update http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-change-threads-posts-owner.1327/ from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4. It has a weird directory structure.

What I noticed is that instead of throwing an error, it silently failed and did not finish the update.

I also can't seem to find the place where you can rebuild the cache...

This is also related to the cache rebuild issue, but after you uninstall another Waindigo addon, the Addon install page would break. I didn't remove the shared files bit because I have no idea which to remove... was scared I would break other Waindigo addons as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom